2024 NFL Draft Eagles’ Day 1 War Room

It’s no coincidence the eagles released a “built by bama” post featuring none other than Tyler steen a day after drafting Mitchell and not an OLman

i think we all underestimate how much steen is the starter for them. He may not work out but it’s clear in my eyes they view him that way. 

giving him the starting RG locker, putting him in a built by bama post. He’s their guy

12 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Hard to picture us not taking an OL today though.
Newton (or DB double dip with DeJean) is the dream, but OL will be the reality.
Haynes, Beebe, JPJ, Suamataia, Rosengarten. One of them will be an Eagle.

DeJean or Newton with jpj would be so dope. Or E.Cooper n anyone of those 3

1 minute ago, Last Stand said:

It’s no coincidence the eagles released a “built by bama” post featuring none other than Tyler steen a day after drafting Mitchell and not an OLman

i think we all underestimate how much steen is the starter for them. He may not work out but it’s clear in my eyes they view him that way. 

giving him the starting RG locker, putting him in a built by bama post. He’s their guy

Even if Steen is their guy we need depth on the OL and Howie will never shy from taking them early. Plus competition at RG can only be good for the team.

Just being real: this team isn't taking a LB in round 2 lol. That leaves DT, WR, OL, and maybe a DB. The value at DT is only there if we trade up for Newton in round 2 imo. I don't think it is all that likely that we address that spot. WR is stacked in this range, but a lot of the best ones are going to go before we pick. We are in a sweet spot for the OL and DB's to fall into our lap at 50 and 53 imo but I could be misreading the board cause in no world did I think both Quinyon and Terrion would make it to 22. 🤣

I think I like the idea of picking at 50 and trading back with 53.... and then you take Trotter Jr early in the third. Lots of fun scenarios to go through.

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Even if Steen is their guy we need depth on the OL and Howie will never shy from taking them early. Plus competition at RG can only be good for the team.

Just being real: this team isn't taking a LB in round 2 lol. That leaves DT, WR, OL, and maybe a DB. The value at DT is only there if we trade up for Newton in round 2 imo. I don't think it is all that likely that we address that spot. WR is stacked in this range, but a lot of the best ones are going to go before we pick. We are in a sweet spot for the OL and DB's to fall into our lap at 50 and 53 imo but I could be misreading the board cause in no world did I think both Quinyon and Terrion would make it to 22. 🤣

I think I like the idea of picking at 50 and trading back with 53.... and then you take Trotter Jr early in the third. Lots of fun scenarios to go through.

They’re going to 100% take an OLman. They’ll probably take 2

my question is are they spending a 2nd on one? That’d be a more premium asset than steen. I think if steen is the guy as much as they’re selling everyone he is they’re more likely to take a guy round 3 or later.

i think WR is a big one. I think DT or edge are as well. 

i also don’t think LB is that unlikely. 

I think the likeliest though? They’re trading one of those picks. I doubt they pick both. Whether it’s to trade up higher or get future picks for next year.

i also think we shouldn’t sleep on one being traded for an established player

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

They’re going to 100% take an OLman. They’ll probably take 2

my question is are they spending a 2nd on one? That’d be a more premium asset than steen. I think if steen is the guy as much as they’re selling everyone he is they’re more likely to take a guy round 3 or later.

i think WR is a big one. I think DT or edge are as well. 

i also don’t think LB is that unlikely. 

I think the likeliest though? They’re trading one of those picks. I doubt they pick both. Whether it’s to trade up higher or get future picks for next year.

i also think we shouldn’t sleep on one being traded for an established player

I mean Steen is the guy.... until he isn't. That isn't to say he doesn't beat out a guy we draft this year, but having Steen on the roster certainly doesn't stop us from taking a guy they perceive as an upgrade.

I agree on trading. I feel like the chance that we sit with all three of our first picks is crazy... but I never thought we would pick at 22 so....

6 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I mean Steen is the guy.... until he isn't. That isn't to say he doesn't beat out a guy we draft this year, but having Steen on the roster certainly doesn't stop us from taking a guy they perceive as an upgrade.

I agree on trading. I feel like the chance that we sit with all three of our first picks is crazy... but I never thought we would pick at 22 so....

I'd really like to trade both of the 2nds where we move up in the 2nd and back in the 3rd, but not sure what teams would be up for that.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I'd really like to trade both of the 2nds where we move up in the 2nd and back in the 3rd, but not sure what teams would be up for that.

Think I am firmly in the trade back camp right now. I love a few of the guys at the top of the board.... but the price to move up that far is going to hurt. Trade back to the third with one of the picks and pick up draft capital next year imo. 

11 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Getting Mitchell @#22 is ridiculous! Legit couldn't ask for more! 

Let see how #50/53 unfold??

I just hope those of you  🙏🙏  for a GD CB in the 1st rd actually get what you expected!!!!!!!!

You keep saying that. What did you want? And why is there a distinction on those of you wanted a CB?  

4 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

You keep saying that. What did you want? And why is there a distinction on those of you wanted a CB?  

It's because he's old and tired of listening to people complain. (even if it's arguably for a good reason...)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I agree on some level. But I’m also not a draft for need guy either. It’s why trading up for newton or let’s say AD Mitchell is more a move for me than drafting OG or LB

obviously I don’t know their board. I think if you take Beebe he has to start 

3 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I agree on some level. But I’m also not a draft for need guy either. It’s why trading up for newton or let’s say AD Mitchell is more a move for me than drafting OG or LB

obviously I don’t know their board. I think if you take Beebe he has to start 

Not a big fan of Beebe. Low ceiling and athleticism. Maybe if we trade back into the 3rd.

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Rodgers is weird because he has played outside but has the body type of a slot. I'm really interested to see what happens with him.

Another slot CB probably is worth investing in

CJGJ will be seeing some time in the slot.

Brown is coming off injury.

I'd like them to go up and down with 50&53 for DeJean and play him at safety.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Last Stand said:

Excuse me? 

I don't get why everyone in here is so low on him or why they act as he doesn't exist. 

Edited by Broadway Joe

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

Excuse me? 

I don't get why everyone in here is so low on him or why they act as he doesn't exist. 

Nothing in my statement is wrong though. People do underestimate how much he’s a starter.

• Danger locked this topic