2024 NFL Draft Eagles’ Day 1 War Room

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Could you imagine Mike sanistril and Mitchell added to our secondary 

That’d be pretty crazy. 

give me max melton  over sanistril 

also we can’t underrate guys like Mitchell and ringo who have really great traits getting to work with a very respected DB coach in Christian Parker and a very respected DC and fangio

itll be nice to have guys with closing speed. That’s a change

6 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

That’d be pretty crazy. 

give me max melton  over sanistril 

also we can’t underrate guys like Mitchell and ringo who have really great traits getting to work with a very respected DB coach in Christian Parker and a very respected DC and fangio

itll be nice to have guys with closing speed. That’s a change

I really like our CB room so I am hesitant to add another guy to it(except DeJean who can play anywhere). But if we got a legit NCB like Melton or Sanistrill the room would look so nice going forward. It would also be solid insurance on Maddox. Guess it depends how they view guys like Zech if they want to go that route. 

Slay/Ringo

Mitchell/Bradberry

Maddox/Rodgers

S- CJGJ/Brown

S- Reed Blankenship/??????

That actually feels like a good room with some depth. Grabbing a safety 4 is probably the only thing they really need in the secondary. 

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Slay/Ringo

Mitchell/Bradberry

Maddox/Rodgers

S- CJGJ/Brown

That actually feels like a good room with some depth. Grabbing a safety 4 is probably the only thing they really need in the secondary

I think Rodgers is likely an outside CB. I also think he is a wildcard. I could see him coming in and being a top backup at CB and I could see him not making the roster over a guy like Jobe.

Right now I would have to guess Zech is the backup NCB which doesn't seem ideal with him coming off a serious injury and having zero real playtime yet. I'd be good with getting a legit NCB and then we have youth and depth at every spot.

Quinyon/Ricks

Ringo/Rodgers

Melton or Sainristil

This could be the future and it looks very reasonable. I know NFL teams don't typically view the NCB guys that highly though so the value might not matchup there.

At safety I think I'd prefer to bring in Justin Simmons to drafting one still. Get a solid player this year while Sydney recovers and fill other holes with the draft picks. 

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I think Rodgers is likely an outside CB. I also think he is a wildcard. I could see him coming in and being a top backup at CB and I could see him not making the roster over a guy like Jobe.

Right now I would have to guess Zech is the backup NCB which doesn't seem ideal with him coming off a serious injury and having zero real playtime yet. I'd be good with getting a legit NCB and then we have youth and depth at every spot.

Quinyon/Ricks

Ringo/Rodgers

Melton or Sainristil

This could be the future and it looks very reasonable. I know NFL teams don't typically view the NCB guys that highly though so the value might not matchup there.

At safety I think I'd prefer to bring in Justin Simmons to drafting one still. Get a solid player this year while Sydney recovers and fill other holes with the draft picks. 

Rodgers is weird because he has played outside but has the body type of a slot. I'm really interested to see what happens with him.

Another slot CB probably is worth investing in

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Slay/Ringo

Mitchell/Bradberry

Maddox/Rodgers

S- CJGJ/Brown

That actually feels like a good room with some depth. Grabbing a safety 4 is probably the only thing they really need in the secondary. 

Evan Williams tomorrow would ve a good way to finish the room

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Rodgers is weird because he has played outside but has the body type of a slot. I'm really interested to see what happens with him.

Another slot CB probably is worth investing in

Agreed on both accounts. Rodgers is the big wildcard in the room.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

33-BUF- Adonai WR
34-NE- Ladd WR
35-AZ- DeJean DB
36-WAS- Kool-Aid CB
37-LAC- Wilson WR
38-TEN- Coleman WR

Trade 50+53+172 to CAR for 39+65

39-PHI- Newton DL

Ya this is acceptable to me. Still rich, but at 39 the value is too good.

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

33-BUF- Adonai WR
34-NE- Ladd WR
35-AZ- DeJean DB
36-WAS- Kool-Aid CB
37-LAC- Wilson WR
38-TEN- Coleman WR

Trade 50+53+172 to CAR for 39+65

39-PHI- Newton DL

Would be a huge win

11 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Little doubt in my mind Rodgers not only makes this roster but is at worst CB 4 assuming JB is still on this team.

Rodgers was PFF top 5 overall CB in 2022

Top 6 CB in overall coverage.

He's light years better then Jobe

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ya this is acceptable to me. Still rich, but at 39 the value is too good.

Hard to picture us not taking an OL today though.
Newton (or DB double dip with DeJean) is the dream, but OL will be the reality.
Haynes, Beebe, JPJ, Suamataia, Rosengarten. One of them will be an Eagle.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Little doubt in my mind Rodgers not only makes this roster but is at worst CB 4 assuming JB is still on this team.

Rodgers was PFF top 5 overall CB in 2022

Top 6 CB in overall coverage.

He's light years better then Jobe

Ya sorry but I put zero stock into a PFF grade. Especially a PFF grade of a guy who wasn't a full time starter and only played in sub packages. Then you add onto the fact that he hasn't played football at all for an entire year and he is just a giant unknown. 

I would be surprised if Rodgers didn't make the team, but I wouldn't be completely shocked if he didn't. Jobe has a lot of faults... but he is a great STer and that does add value to the team. Rodgers making the team is not a guarantee at this point. He needs to come into camp and show he belongs.

10 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Hard to picture us not taking an OL today though.
Newton (or DB double dip with DeJean) is the dream, but OL will be the reality.
Haynes, Beebe, JPJ, Suamataia, Rosengarten. One of them will be an Eagle.

If we did trade one of our seconds out to the third there will be a lot of value at OG there.

• Danger locked this topic