2024 NFL Draft Eagles’ Day 1 War Room

59 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I wouldn't cry if we don't have one today, but a swing tackle it is very important going into the season. 

I don't they really like Swing tackles.
I believe they'd prefer one G/T on the left and one on the right.
I think they have plans for Fred Johnson on the left and Hennessey in the three middle spots.
They either need a RG/RT reserve or someone to supplant Steen and he becomes that guy.

Steen also needs to be given a chance.
It wasn't until Kelce's third year that he was good.
Granted, most of his second season was on IR.
But, while he beat out Jackson at C he didn't light the world on fire.

I think Kelce's PFF grade went from the low 60's to the high 80's in that tim.
Steen was in the low 50's to start, so he has a way to go.
But, no one is expecting him to be a Hall of Famer.

Note:  PFF grades don't mean everything, but they are somewhat of an indicator of some ability/accomplishment.
(I'm just heading off the "PFF is crap" comment that was sure to follow.)

49 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Weren’t the vast majority of those about guys being taken in the first?

Latham, Fuaga, etc

Yeah I would not have been happy if we took an offensive lineman in the 1st to just have them sit and learn.  They needed to draft a player that's going to get on the field day 1 and they did that.  The assumption would be if you draft say Fuaga at 12 you're not expecting them to backup Lane and Steen or Barton at 22 or whoever.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

I means it's exactly what everyone is already assuming will occur with Mitchell/JB. 

But hey suggest the one open Starting spot on the Eagles OL left vacant after Cam moved to Center might be filled by a Rookie 1st rd OL, blasphemy!

Funny how that works.  

That's my point. There is a vacant spot in the OL? 

4 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

That's my point. There is a vacant spot in the OL? 

Not necessarily, but people know the Eagles MO. They also know the prospects going in the first round of this draft would very possibly be an upgrade to Steen. However, if the Eagles are happy with Steen they don't need to use a 1st or 2nd to replace him and that's fine. But it's not crazy to think the Eagles could want to overload the O-line. Speaking for me personally, I am fine with Steen and Hennessy if they are. When I've mocked OL early to the Eagles it's because it's something I thought the Eagles would do, not necessarily what I want them to do.

36 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

Not necessarily, but people know the Eagles MO. They also know the prospects going in the first round of this draft would very possibly be an upgrade to Steen. However, if the Eagles are happy with Steen they don't need to use a 1st or 2nd to replace him and that's fine. But it's not crazy to think the Eagles could want to overload the O-line. Speaking for me personally, I am fine with Steen and Hennessy if they are. When I've mocked OL early to the Eagles it's because it's something I thought the Eagles would do, not necessarily what I want them to do.

They could but as it was argued a ton, it wouldn't be the best use of a 1st round pick with the current state of the defense. It might as well have happened but the other teams saved us from ourselves. 

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

They could but as it was argued a ton, it wouldn't be the best use of a 1st round pick with the current state of the defense. It might as well have happened but the other teams saved us from ourselves. 

I agree assuming they have they haven't soured on Steen, which O have no evidence of, then going defense is/was the best option. I am very happy with getting Quinyon without having to trade up. They got to keep their two second rounders which seem to be in a great place in this draft. They were able to add player with CB1 potential which is what they needed. They don't really need any more depth players at CB, they needed someone who could potentially be a no. 1. I'm pretty pleased with getting Mitchell.

• Like 1

• Danger locked this topic