2024 NFL Draft Eagles’ Day 1 War Room

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

Not wrong at all. My question is why people in here do that? 

I think it’s fair on some level. Eagles had RG injuries last year so I believe there’s concern the eagles chose opeta over him in those scenarios. Development however is not a straight line. I think he has tools as do the eagles. It’s a matter of not seeing enough on some level

1 minute ago, Last Stand said:

I think it’s fair on some level. Eagles had RG injuries last year so I believe there’s concern the eagles chose opeta over him in those scenarios. Development however is not a straight line. I think he has tools as do the eagles. It’s a matter of not seeing enough on some level

It was pretty clear though, he never played Guard at the college level and he played RT in TC IIRC. All reports on him was that he was doing well though, but it is TC anyway. Either way he was a significant investment in last year's draft that people in here choose to ignore. 

It was pretty clear though, he never played Guard at the college level and he played RT in TC IIRC. All reports on him was that he was doing well though, but it is TC anyway. Either way he was a significant investment in last year's draft that people in here choose to ignore. 

I think being realistic and ignoring him are two completely different things.

We don't know what he is. Many people on this board didn't know much about him when we drafted him. We just knew that Stout is a good coach and that we trusted him. Steen is clearly in the plans, but if the Eagles see an OL they love in round 2 they aren't going to abstain from picking him just because Steen is on the team. That is the entire point. Acting like anything else is going on here is bizarre. 

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I think being realistic and ignoring him are two completely different things.

We don't know what he is. Many people on this board didn't know much about him when we drafted him. We just knew that Stout is a good coach and that we trusted him. Steen is clearly in the plans, but if the Eagles see an OL they love in round 2 they aren't going to abstain from picking him just because Steen is on the team. That is the entire point. Acting like anything else is going on here is bizarre. 

Looking for an OT in round 2 is a necessity at this point, Steen is our RG though. But all of the posts about acting as if we don't have a RG at this point confuses me.

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

Looking for an OT in round 2 is a necessity at this point, Steen is our RG though. But all of the posts about acting as if we don't have a RG at this point confuses me.

What posts are we talking about?

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

You keep saying that. What did you want? And why is there a distinction on those of you wanted a CB?  

I'm fine with CB. Especially since we didn't have trade up!!

I'm also of the opinion if/when he struggles,  you all will instantly call him a bust! Say see, we should of drafted Arnold, DeJean, Wiggins instead if having succes elsewhere. That's all.

I truly hope for the first time since Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown, this Eagles FO actually drafted a legit CB. 🙏🙏

A position we clearly struggle to evaluate properly out of college and reason they always try to compensate through Trade/FA.

4 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I think the percentage of successful round 2 OTs is prohibitive from making that move today

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

I'm fine with CB. Especially since we didn't have trade up!!

I'm also of the opinion if/when he struggles,  you all will instantly call him a bust! Say see, we should of drafted Arnold, DeJean, Wiggins instead if having succes elsewhere. That's all.

I truly hope for the first time since Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown, this Eagles FO actually drafted a legit CB. 🙏🙏

A position we clearly struggle to evaluate properly out of college and reason they always try to compensate through Trade/FA.

Part of the reason we struggle so much because we look for reasons not to go outside of our usual positions of value. Evaluating a prospect is hard, it is harder when you are always handicapping the picks. 

Just now, Last Stand said:

I think the percentage of successful round 2 OTs is prohibitive from making that move today

I wouldn't cry if we don't have one today, but a swing tackle it is very important going into the season. 

The hundreds of "x prospect will contribute day one, he will start at RG and then move to OT". 

I fail to see how saying,  "If the Eagles draft x player I think they start" that means they don't acknowledge that Steen exists lol. That just means they think the other player is better lol.

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I fail to see how saying,  "If the Eagles draft x player I think they start" that means they don't acknowledge that Steen exists lol. That just means they think the other player is better lol.

I means it's exactly what everyone is already assuming will occur with Mitchell/JB. 

But hey suggest the one open Starting spot on the Eagles OL left vacant after Cam moved to Center might be filled by a Rookie 1st rd OL, blasphemy!

Funny how that works.  

16 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

The hundreds of "x prospect will contribute day one, he will start at RG and then move to OT". 

Weren’t the vast majority of those about guys being taken in the first?

Latham, Fuaga, etc

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Weren’t the vast majority of those about guys being taken in the first?

Latham, Fuaga, etc

Yes

elite prospects

fuaga makes a difference on the line that steen would not

• Danger locked this topic