Bears Draft Rome Odunze With 1.9

Sugashane

5 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

He was never over Nabers as a prospect. The only way you would ever pick Rome over him is if you think he was too much of a Diva/malcontent. Which he isnt, its just soft people being worried about it. Nabers is closer to MHJ than Odunze was to Nabers. Anyone saying otherwise is lying to themselves and trying to justify

Yates and Jeremiah both had Odunze over Nabers

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

That is revisionist.

Not at all, There was ALWAYS going to be 3 QBs off the board before him. ANd again, he was ALWAYS the #3 WR. He was from the start of the draft process (actually he was down closer to BTJ and others to start). Thats 5 guys right there who he had zero chance to go infront of. And to me Alt is a true Blue Chip prospect, where Odunze isnt, so he was almost assuredly to go ahead of him, with the chance that the 4th QB went ahead of him as well. So yes, 7th was the highest he was ever going. With the most likely spots being 8-9-10

This isnt denigrating Rome Odunze, being a Top 10 draft pick is great. But this thing many try to do of artificially inflating him to try acting like we got some steal of talent is truly bizarre to me

10 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

He was never over Nabers as a prospect. The only way you would ever pick Rome over him is if you think he was too much of a Diva/malcontent. Which he isnt, its just soft people being worried about it. Nabers is closer to MHJ than Odunze was to Nabers. Anyone saying otherwise is lying to themselves and trying to justify

Maybe could have made a bit more of an effort here mind you hahaha

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Yates and Jeremiah both had Odunze over Nabers

Great, and they both (as well as everyone else) told us there would be all this movement in the Top 10 too, and that the 4th QB would never get past 6 and on and on and on

Rome Odunze is great, he is not elite as a draft prospect. He may one day be an Elite WR (odds are against that), but if you wat Malik Nabers on the actual football field, and think he is less of a talent than Rome Odunze Im not sure what you are looking at. 

Again, not everyone is elite, because then no one is. 

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

More than a little projection there about him being pissed. 

Related: ML Football sucks ***. 

It sure does and does he look pissed? No...

Does he look happy to be there? Also no...

Means not a lot but when you see how Caleb & Rome have been since the draft it is very different.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

It sure does and does he look pissed? No...

Does he look happy to be there? Also no...

Means not a lot but when you see how Caleb & Rome have been since the draft it is very different.

He seemed plenty happy to be drafted by the Giants last night.

We’re watching a 6 second clip. Could be a hundred reasons he’s not all bubbly in that instant. Maybe he’s pissed he got drafted by the Giants. But maybe he had a crappy flight and/or trip to the facility. Maybe he’s got to take a crap really bad. Maybe he’s hung over from celebrating getting drafted in the top 10 the night before. Maybe he stubbed his toe getting out of the car. Maybe Brian Daboll smells like he hasn’t showered in a week. Could be anything. All I’m saying is that the clip lacks sufficient context to draw anything from it. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

He seemed plenty happy to be drafted by the Giants last night.

We’re watching a 6 second clip. Could be a hundred reasons he’s not all bubbly in that instant. Maybe he’s pissed he got drafted by the Giants. But maybe he had a crappy flight and/or trip to the facility. Maybe he’s got to take a crap really bad. Maybe he’s hung over from celebrating getting drafted in the top 10 the night before. Maybe he stubbed his toe getting out of the car. Maybe Brian Daboll smells like he hasn’t showered in a week. Could be anything. All I’m saying is that the clip lacks sufficient context to draw anything from it. 

Again...not saying it is a big deal...just that he could have made a bit more of an effort...after being drafted last night Caleb did 4 hours worth of interviews...didn't come across like he was scunnered.

25 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Great, and they both (as well as everyone else) told us there would be all this movement in the Top 10 too, and that the 4th QB would never get past 6 and on and on and on

Rome Odunze is great, he is not elite as a draft prospect. He may one day be an Elite WR (odds are against that), but if you wat Malik Nabers on the actual football field, and think he is less of a talent than Rome Odunze Im not sure what you are looking at. 

Doing mock drafts is definitely inexact. I think prospect rankings are a person's way of saying "I believe this prospect is better than this." I don't think you can compare "watch out for trades" with "I think player A is better than B" 

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

that's just like... your opinion man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think that saying no one had him over Nabers is not true. I’ve heard multiple analysts, insiders, players, and former scouts that had Odunze over Nabers. Most didn’t. I didn’t. But to say suggest that no one did and that it wasn’t within the realm of possibility is incorrect.

That being said, every year prospects are perceived to be ranked a certain way and by the end of the year things always look quite different.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

I think that saying no one had him over Nabers is not true. I’ve heard multiple analysts, insiders, players, and former scouts that had Odunze over Nabers. Most didn’t. I didn’t. But to say suggest that no one did and that it wasn’t within the realm of possibility is incorrect.

That being said, every year prospects are perceived to be ranked a certain way and by the end of the year things always look quite different.

I think you could make a real case for having him over Nabers.  Nabers is more agile and fast, no doubt he's got more physical talent, but Odunze has better size and seems like less risk personality wise.  Talent and speed on the field is great but it's totally logical to incorporate the personality into the assessment, and it's easy to see why some people would prefer Odunze.  All projection of course, but I feel like Odunze is going to work out.