Bears Draft Rome Odunze With 1.9

Sugashane

• 2020: Played in all four games with one start (6-72-12.0). 
  • 2021: Started seven of the final nine contests (41-415-10.1, 4 TDs). Missed the first three games due to injuries. 
  • 2022: Third-team Associated Press All-American. First-team All-Pac-12 Conference. Ranked 10th in the FBS with 1,145 receiving yards (75 receptions, 15.3 per, 7 TDs). Played in 12 games with eight starts (3-6-2.0 rushing). 
  • 2023: First-team Associated Press All-American. First-team All-Pac-12 Conference. Finalist for the Biletnikoff Award (nation's top WR). Led the FBS with a school-record 1,640 receiving yards (17.8 per), ranked sixth with 1,781 all-purpose yards, tied for sixth with 92 receptions and 13 receiving TDs. Played in all 15 games with 14 starts (2-37-18.5, TD rushing; 2-17-8.5 KR). Team's Offensive Skill Player of the Year and team captain. Suffered a broken rib and punctured lung recovering an onsides kick versus Arizona. Stayed in a hospital overnight and rested over the bye week before playing in the team's win over Oregon.

Strengths

• Carries the frame and play strength of an NFL WR1.
  • Lacks rare speed but should be considered a playmaker.
  • Good separation talent.
  • Early eyes on the football to find positioning as quickly as possible.
  • All-star ball-winner with magnificent body control and acrobatic ball skills.
  • Brilliant job of bodying defenders and controlling air traffic.
  • Is going to be too strong and too skilled for some defenders.
  • Catches with strong, reliable hands away from his frame.

Weaknesses

• Rushes through early stages of his double moves.
  • Upright and gradual into top of the route on comebacks.
  • Attention to detail is missing from his routes.
  • Too content taking 50/50 battles rather than operating at top speed.
  • Room for greater effort as a run blocker.

Man I just listened to an hour long Rome podcast. So glad I didn’t waste my time. 

routesmith. Consistent excellent hands.  Intelligent player. Perfect ******* pick. 

• Like 2

Just now, Danger said:

Congrats guys, you guys have a good front office. Just hope Eberflus doesn't screw the pooch. Genuinely rooting for you guys for the first time in my life now.

It’s so rare for us to see other teams complimenting moves the bears make.  I don’t know how to act.

• Like 3

I can't believe that actually went out way...figured all the luck was done with getting Caleb...now we get a WR who can be an immediate starter and offer a compliment to our other two star receivers early and then develop into that himself as the years go on...allowing him and Caleb to grow together is going to be pretty awesome. 

• Like 2

Just now, CBears019 said:

It’s so rare for us to see other teams complimenting moves the bears make.  I don’t know how to act.

Imagine being the team that picked 1 year in front of you.

Falcons have officially become a laughing stock. Their drafts are memes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CBears019 said:

I mean, they made the right moves in the draft.  Sucks they lack any more draft capital, but they chose correctly.  Now, if Eberflus can get that defense figured out.

• Like 1

Just now, Danger said:

Imagine being the team that picked 1 year in front of you.

Falcons have officially become a laughing stock. Their drafts are memes.

Weird….our past two GMs work(ed) for them after leaving Chicago.  Must be a coincidence.

• Like 1