Bears Draft Rome Odunze With 1.9

Sugashane

10 hours ago, soulman said:

Kinda shocked to see ATL take Penix but it filled out the 4th QB taken in the top ten which assured that Odunze would be on the board.

I wondered with both Odunze and Turner there if there was any hesitation or debate at over which to take.  Not all that surprised the top defensive guys slid farther back.  There was just so much more offensive talent in this draft but some teams got great value when they drafted for defense.

Caleb said we got our guy.  Sounds like that was the plan all along.

I remember the hype with Marshall, Jeffery, and Wilson when I was hoping Wilson would make a major step forward as a WR3. This trio the Poles just put together has a ridiculous amount of talent. Really excited to see how they use them and run the offense for Williams.

Hopefully Poles gets Allen tied down for another year or two.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

True. 

But there were some leaks saying he was their guy.  And Caleb, Odunze , Moore and Allen working out together probably wasn’t an accident. 

I agree in this instance, it is probably entirely true. But it’s more like “once we understand the situation, he is now our guy” because they almost for sure would take MHJ over him and I’m sure they would be saying the same stuff if it was Nabers. 

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

I agree in this instance, it is probably entirely true. But it’s more like “once we understand the situation, he is now our guy” because they almost for sure would take MHJ over him and I’m sure they would be saying the same stuff if it was Nabers. 

That's fair too. Odunze was WR3  for me in this draft but he would have been WR1 the last two years easily, maybe all but 2-3 of the last 10 years (Chase and Cooper). He just got stuck behind MHJ and Nabers, who would have been the same. MHJ would have been picked over Chase IMO. Just crazy that much WR talent was in the top of one draft.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think they didn't know he would fall.  But they obviously knew they would take him if he did.

Which is what happened.

45 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I think they didn't know he would fall.  But they obviously knew they would take him if he did.

Which is what happened.

I mean if you are being honest, he was never going higher than 7. So you could think he might go before our pick, but there was always a decent chance he was going to be available 

3 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I mean if you are being honest, he was never going higher than 7. So you could think he might go before our pick, but there was always a decent chance he was going to be available 

That is revisionist.

But there was a decent to good chance he was there at 9.  Hence all the time they spent with him.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I’m somehow excited and not fully processing it at the same time. Good things don’t happen for the bears. 

Happy for you guys, especially you Ty

15 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

#15 will look good on Rome

Kinda don't like 18 on Caleb, but maybe it's also partly your Jersey Number font.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Absolutely a real possible he was WR2 to the Giants who reportedly "Didn't want another OBJ/Kadarius Tony" like Nabers is starting to be perceived as. However they still took Nabers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Absolutely a real possible he was WR2 to the Giants who reportedly "Didn't want another OBJ/Kadarius Tony" like Nabers is starting to be perceived as. However they still took Nabers.

He was never over Nabers as a prospect. The only way you would ever pick Rome over him is if you think he was too much of a Diva/malcontent. Which he isnt, its just soft people being worried about it. Nabers is closer to MHJ than Odunze was to Nabers. Anyone saying otherwise is lying to themselves and trying to justify