Bears pick Kiran Amegadjie with the 75th pick

Sugashane

What stands out to me is the size athleticism, long arms and thick lower body ...If you cooked up a perfect LT specimen in a lab it would look like Kiran

And in relation to Braxton, Kiran's lower half allows him to be play inside, whereas Brax would likely struggle there.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SLCbear said:

What stands out to me is the size athleticism, long arms and thick lower body ...If you cooked up a perfect LT specimen in a lab it would look like Kiran

And in relation to Braxton, Kiran's lower half allows him to be play inside, whereas Brax would likely struggle there.. 

Braxton's anchor is part of the reason I like him more at C than G. At C there simply isn't as many true 3-4 fronts with 340+ lb NTs, and if there are you can almost always put a G to help chip too. His athleticism would help him assist to either side and get to the 2nd level though. Not actively kicking stepping back would help his anchor too I hope. 

On 4/27/2024 at 2:26 PM, Sugashane said:

Braxton's anchor is part of the reason I like him more at C than G. At C there simply isn't as many true 3-4 fronts with 340+ lb NTs, and if there are you can almost always put a G to help chip too. His athleticism would help him assist to either side and get to the 2nd level though. Not actively kicking stepping back would help his anchor too I hope. 

honestly, I haven't even considered Braxton at C hmm..

I hate him at G but at Center he could maybe turn into a nice Pivot.  Excels run blocking and would likely have success assisting pulling and picking up variations inside, getting to 2nd level..

• Like 1

On 4/27/2024 at 4:26 PM, Sugashane said:

I think most decent OTs are fine inside after some reps.

Not sure about C though.  Not because of anchor.  Because snapping and blocking isn't as easy to just pick up on fly as a lot of people say.   It takes a lot of reps.

• Like 2

We spent a 3rd round pick on a very raw OT who played his college ball at Yale for cryin' out loud.  The IVY League isn't exactly SEC or Big Ten level competition.  Let's see what the kid can do as a swing OT/OG for a year before we coronate him as our new LT.  Braxton Jones is way above JWebb/Frank Omiyale level already and getting better.  If Amengadjie wants LT he's gonna need to earn it first.

• Like 1

About 50% of the time on the simulators i was picking this guy in the 3rd. makes way too much sense - size and athleticism like crazy, just needs refinement. Unlike when Jones came in, we dont need Kiram to play this year. Just get stronger and work on technique - becomes the new swing tackle. I'm sure they'll look at him for guard too, but I like keeping him on the edge and seeing what he can do. If he shows something, it builds an extra 2 years on the cheap LT contract if we move on from jones in 2 years.