Bears pick Kiran Amegadjie with the 75th pick

Sugashane

@Sugashaneand I have been in favor of taking OTs near every year.  

They are typically better than guards and can usually play guard.  Whereas guards can’t play T.   

Not sure about this guy, but I am sure they didn’t draw his name out of a hat.  I like the process.  

• Like 1

Everyone assumes Borom is gone to save money.  Maybe.   I would trust Borom to play OT in 2024 in a pinch way more than this guy who seems a bit raw.

They brought in another vet OT too.  Forgetting his name.  

We really need one of new vet centers to be good.  

Edited by dll2000
Typo

One of the other NFC North teams (ie not the Packers) always seem to draft guys I really like. That's actually not so noticeable this year, but I really did love the idea of getting Amegadjie, sitting him for a year or so before starting for the Pack. I thought he had a very high ceiling. It wasn't to be though.

I'll be checking in on Amegadjie now and again for a year or so, to see if he turns out as good as I thought he could be.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Looks like a lengthy, mean player who doesn't shy away from contact. Love that.

Also, you can tell that he's got a lot of promise and ability as a football player based on the hype of the musical selection!

1 minute ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

One of the other NFC North teams (ie not the Packers) always seem to draft guys I really like. That's actually not so noticeable this year, but I really did love the idea of getting Amegadjie, sitting him for a year or so before starting for the Pack. I thought he had a very high ceiling. It wasn't to be though.

I'll be checking in on Amegadjie now and again for a year or so, to see if he turns out as good as I thought he could be.

Our draft has been about balance, a real alpha (Caleb Williams) and Amegadjie situation.

OL investment is always a W for me. This pick reminds me a lot of the Braxton Jones pick - raw talent from a lower level of competition, but elite physical tools with which to work.

Like pretty much everyone else, I think this spells the end of Borom in Chicago, especially after we already signed Jake Curhan as a depth OT who’s been in Waldron’s offense. Borom was a carry over player from the last regime that Poles has been trying to replace basically since he got here.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

OL investment is always a W for me. This pick reminds me a lot of the Braxton Jones pick - raw talent from a lower level of competition, but elite physical tools with which to work.

Like pretty much everyone else, I think this spells the end of Borom in Chicago, especially after we already signed Jake Curhan as a depth OT who’s been in Waldron’s offense. Borom was a carry over player from the last regime that Poles has been trying to replace basically since he got here.

Didn't Borom have a grouchy tweet when they drafted Wright?  Hope he had that copy-and-pasted!

11 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

It had to just suck going against him for so many of these accountants.  

It's generous of you to give so much credit, many of these communications majors will soon be waiters, bartenders, and baristas!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

It's generous of you to give so much credit, many of these communications majors will soon be waiters, bartenders, and baristas!

Probably not so much in Ivy League.  Guessing most of their parents have money.   

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Probably not so much in Ivy League.  Guessing most of their parents have money.   

Yeah they’re going to be self-made millionaires after they inherit their parents companies!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Yeah they’re going to be self-made millionaires after they inherit their parents companies!

Haha, one of my clients is really really wealthy but it's a running joke how his bio used to read "Starting with only a  $600,000 loan from his parents" and every five years or so the loan amount gets smaller in reporting. I think it's now "Only 200,000" and the joke is when he retires it'll be a loan he gave them.  In fairness it's now into the 11 digit numbers but still.  When I started my dad gave me a saw.  Uphill both ways too!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

@Sugashaneand I have been in favor of taking OTs near every year.  

They are typically better than guards and can usually play guard.  Whereas guards can’t play T.   

Not sure about this guy, but I am sure they didn’t draw his name out of a hat.  I like the process.  

Absolutely. He is a guy I was super high on for this pick. I'm loving how Poles has drafted. I was 100% picking Wright and Dexter last year in my real time draft, and now I've went 3 straight rounds picking the exact same guy as Poles. 

• Like 1