Day 3 draft thread

Ty21

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I disagree here. There were a few guys who have some potential, but for the most part everyone left in the draft is going to be out of the league in 3 years or a backup at best unless they land in the perfect situation. This draft is BAD, just devoid of talent.

Taylor is one guy who is a clear and immediate upgraded, plus he can help us on every single Sunday, not a single other player left that can do that

Great pick here. Being mad because we draft a punter in the 4th is such a fossilized way of thinking. 

To be clear, I’m not opposed to it nor mad about it. I just wouldn’t have done it. Taylor should be a good punter and an upgrade where we could use one. It’s just a positional value thing for me, with the net difference per punt between Gill and an average punter being pretty negligible. Also, I figured once Poles seemingly wasn’t interested in Townsend at all in FA that it just wasn’t on his radar this year.

With that, having traded back into the 5th and taken Booker (who I wanted at the Taylor pick) makes me much happier with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I disagree here. There were a few guys who have some potential, but for the most part everyone left in the draft is going to be out of the league in 3 years or a backup at best unless they land in the perfect situation. This draft is BAD, just devoid of talent.

Taylor is one guy who is a clear and immediate upgraded, plus he can help us on every single Sunday, not a single other player left that can do that

Great pick here. Being mad because we draft a punter in the 4th is such a fossilized way of thinking. 

Yep. Once you get into the 4th you're almost always banking on traits and SERIOUS coaching development to be more than depth. Its a big gamble, but at least with Taylor you know he is walking in as the best punter the Bears have. Niche positions like P, K, returners, and one-dimensional guys (like massive two gap NTs or primary blocking TEs) are perfect for 4th round and down. Or guys with talent but red flags, you don't get fired for those guys in the 4th or later, you get fired for busting on 1st and 2nd rounders. 

I would have preferred Araiza, but its still a good pick. Speaking of fossils, it makes even more sense if Poles has any concerns over Virginia bothering him after signing Araiza. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Good pick from the Packers but again another safety...interesting their approach to this draft overall.

They're hoping someone shacks up with a new Simone Biles. I see right through you @CWood21  lol 

Just now, CWood21 said:

Only part of Jonathan Owens any of us are ever going to miss.

Fair enough. Its the closest reason any of us wanted him for bottom roster depth too. 

• Like 1

I love when they show war rooms after they select a 6th, 7th round prospect.  They’re all bro hugging and clapping like “WE GOT OUR GUY!!!  WE DID IT!!!”

That guy is going to struggle to make your roster and you know it.  Chill tf out.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I love when they show war rooms after they select a 6th, 7th round prospect.  They’re all bro hugging and clapping like “WE GOT OUR GUY!!!  WE DID IT!!!”

That guy is going to struggle to make your roster and you know it.  Chill tf out.

Lol.

The scouts high fiving and hugging have probably been stumping for that late round projection guy for months

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Or could get a Charles Leno or a Marquis Colston.....