Post-Draft Talk

RaidersAreOne

Ok, I have a legit question for the knowledgeable draft guys on this site.

Why is Joe Alt’s move to RT (a position he doesn’t have experience at) viewed as a seamless transition but JC Latham is viewed by many as strictly a RT, with no chance at LT(a position he had success with in high school)?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

Ok, I have a legit question for the knowledgeable draft guys on this site.

Why is Joe Alt’s move to RT (a position he doesn’t have experience at) viewed as a seamless transition but JC Latham is viewed by many as strictly a RT, with no chance at LT(a position he had success with in high school)?

Because Joe Alt has all the traits you want to see in a RT. Latham may be quicker than I gave him credit for, but when you’re more of a run blocker than a finesse, ground covering, pass blocker, the general assumption is that it’s because you can’t do both.

• Like 2

Anyways I said this in the other thread but it’s hilarious that Harbaugh and Hortiz subverted my expectations twice this year. I thought the OL talk was all smokescreen. They proved me wrong with the Alt pick. And then I kept expecting more OL picks and nothing happened. We actually ended up triple dipping at WR even though the latter two were 7th rounders. I am a little upset that the Chiefs picked up Hunter Nourzad and we didn’t.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Xenos said:

😂😂😂

To be fair...McConkey feels like the exact sort of "Harbs WR" to thrive in that system.

The system itself is really the question.  But that's what they signed on for with him.  Greg Roman adds to that.  They're gonna run the air out of the football.  For better or worse.  How that relates to a top tier QB like Herbert and fully taking advantage of his abilities?  Well...i guess that's what we'll find out.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What is Dylan Laube? Do people project him as a RB or more of slot WR at the next level?

Pass catching 3DRB. I think he’d get annihilated in the NFL in the slot 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

To be fair...McConkey feels like the exact sort of "Harbs WR" to thrive in that system.

The system itself is really the question.  But that's what they signed on for with him.  Greg Roman adds to that.  They're gonna run the air out of the football.  For better or worse.  How that relates to a top tier QB like Herbert and fully taking advantage of his abilities?  Well...i guess that's what we'll find out.

They think a good running game will help protect Herbert and win more games than airing it out as much as they have done the past three seasons under Staley. We’ll have to see if it works better than Herbert’s rookie season under Lynn who also liked running the ball a lot.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2024 at 12:16 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

What is Dylan Laube? Do people project him as a RB or more of slot WR at the next level?

He's basically a poor man's Alvin Kamara. Skilled enough as a receiving threat to line up at several different positions to keep teams guessing and can run some actual WR type routes while also being an explosive RB. Doesn't have Kamara's rare contact balance, which is a big part of what Kamara so good over the years, but is similar in terms of athleticism. I think he's capable of getting 5-10 touches a game for the Raiders and being a nice versatile piece to move around and use in a variety of ways that offers a different look than Zamir gives. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

He's basically a poor man's Alvin Kamara. Skilled enough as a receiving threat to line up at several different positions to keep teams guessing and can run some actual WR type routes while also being an explosive RB. Doesn't have Kamara's rare contact balance, which is a big part of what Kamara so good over the years, but is similar in terms of athleticism. I think he's capable of getting 5-10 touches a game for the Raiders and being a nice versatile piece to move around and use in a variety of ways that offers a different look than Zamir gives. 

Eh, Kamara has really rare movement skills. Laube reminds me more of Austin Ekeler.

• Like 3