2025 NFL Draft Thread

18 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Don’t think this QB is as bad as they made it out to be a couple months ago. It has a couple of QBs that can be fast risers.

Jaxson Dart is another QB I like. He can have a J.Daniels type of rise especially if he can be a Heisman candidate. His talent pops out when watching him 

Agreed. I think this draft could eventually have 5 1st round picks or more again.

Several QBs with experience have a chance to make the leap with a strong year 

3 teams out on a QB next year after new QB deals this summer: Lions, Dolphins, Jags

Thats leaves the following teams potentially in need of a QB in 2025:

• Jets- could be Rodgers last year with no heir apparent 
  • Browns- Browns prolly just bite the bullet and waive Watson if he has another terrible year. I'm sure he's not good for the culture 
  • Steelers- Russ is likely a stop gap, Fields might emerge. We should be rooting for Fields 
  • Raiders- I'm reserved about AOC/Minshew being the QB1 long term 
  • Cowboys- have yet to pay Dak. Dak will be starting in 2025, but will it be for Dallas? 
  • Giants- this is probably Daniel Jones make or break year. Giants can opt out, we need Jones to ball out 
  • Bucs- Baker is fine, but almost 30 and his contract wouldn't stop the team from going with youth. Maybe, I think Baker needs to have a great year to be their long term answer 
  • Rams- Stafford is still going strong, but he is getting old. Rams have no young stud behind him 
  • Seahawks- Geno is solid but has probably peaked. Seahawks could possible in the market to get a younger upgrade. Could save money and invest on their defense and OL. They won their Super Bowl while Russ was on a rookie deal and a great defense. Might go back to that formula 

I honestly think Rams, Cowboys, Jets will have a better team the Raiders. so we will be in the mix to get one of the top 5-6 QBs in next years draft.

• 2 weeks later...

"If we had balls:

I'd ship Jacobs and Renfrow both out, recoup some day 2 and early day 3 picks, replace them with a Zach Charbonnet or Tyjae Spears and Tank Dell or Xavier Hutchinson or Michael Wilson and spend the rest loading up D and OL. 

I don't want to pay Jacobs the big bucks nor lose him for nothing, and I absolutely love Charbonnet and Spears. 

Renfrow, I just don't think he's a fit. Sort of like Nelly. He was good with our last regime, but something just isn't clicking. 

Move them before their value plummets, I say."

We did not, in fact, have balls. This offense with Charbonnet or Spears, and a Dell or Hutchinson or Wilson...I'd feel very good. 

Who are some guys likely to be on the roster for 2024 you'd have balls and move on from ASAP and who would you replace them with? 

I'm moving Adams, Mayer, Tyree, Moehrig. 

At WR, I'm rolling with Meyers and Tucker as my top 2, and drafting a Tory Horton (Colorado St), J Michael Sturdivant (UCLA), or Moose Muhammad (TAMU) with a hypothetical Day 2 pick for Adams. 

We have Bowers. Mayer didn't impress me a whole lot to start with, and I think he winds up being a redundancy. Someone will be looking for a TE, and he may hold more value in a trade than he'll actually bring us on the field. I don't know that I'd even use a draft pick to replace a TE2, but for this exercise I'll grab Ben Yurosek (UGA) or Terrence Ferguson (Oregon) with a later pick, using the Mayer compensation elsewhere like OL or LB.

Tyree, imo, is addition by subtraction. I doubt we could get much of anything for him on the market. With a day 2/3 pick for him, though, I'd target Landon Jackson (Ark) or Jordan Burch (Oregon). 

Moehrig is alright, but I'm not particularly enamored with him. I'd try and move him for a round 3 pick and I'd tab Rod Moore (Michigan) or Andrew Mukuba (Texas) as replacements. 

Was really impressed by Glaze early on at RT. Once he had his hands inside and on the defender he had them stuck.

Then he moved to LT and his first rep, he got beat inside for the sack. This was the main criticism of him in college. There was a game against Penn State where they kept going inside and beat him every time. 

If he can fix this and not overset himself, there could be something there. It’s quite promising that he has received positive praise from coaches over the off season and then showed some good things in his first proper run out. 

23 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Obviously still super far away but how does this QB class project? No doubt there will be enormous risers and fallers, but does the top end talent look nice compared to previous drafts?

Right now, I'd say better than '22 and worse than '23. 

I feel strongly that Beck is the real deal. After that, you have guys who need to put it together like Ewers, Allar, Milroe, the dude from A&M who escapes me etc. Somewhere in there is Sanders and his camps belief that he's the top prospect. 

The potential is there. But there isn't the buzz around this class as there was with last years. 

On 5/18/2024 at 7:20 AM, Humble_Beast said:
  • Sanders 
  • Ewers
  • Beck 
  • Milroe 

Would all be first rounders if the draft was tomorrow. 

• Drew Allar - might declare with a good year 
  • Riley Leonard 
  • Cam Ward
  • KJ Jefferson 
  • Will Howard 
  • DJ Uiagalelei 
  • Kaidon Salter 
  • Connor Weigman 
  • Taylen Green

all those guys stock could soar if they put it together this fall 

• Dillion Gabriel 
  • Jalon Daniels  
  • Graham Mertz
  • Noah Fifita
  • Jaxson Dart  
  • Taylen Green
  • Preston Stone
  • Jeff Sims
  • Tyler Van Dyke 
  • DeQuan Finn
  • Donovan Smith

those guys interesting, but maybe limited by size or lower ceiling 

This class lacks the super star QB power that can get fans excited going into the college season. Had it last year with Caleb. I do think this class has some really good depth where we can see a couple of QBs. Step up and ball out. 

22 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

This class lacks the super star QB power that can get fans excited going into the college season. Had it last year with Caleb. I do think this class has some really good depth where we can see a couple of QBs. Step up and ball out. 

I think there’s about 5-7 QBs who with a good season can become 1st round picks . The good thing is we can get a potential starter without having the #1 pick 

• Like 1