2025 NFL Draft Thread

On 10/8/2024 at 3:03 PM, FloydFan said:

While it may not be on the stat sheet as much he is an absolute presence on the line. He’s not awful against the run but has some room to grow there as well. As a pass rusher he is a live wire. Would love to see him paired with Maxx. I’d say you’re right about his stock falling right now but I also think he at worst ends up a mid first pick. He has an it factor for pass rushing and as we all know it’s a valuable skill. 

What do you think about his size? He’s fairly thin for an edge rusher 

My two favorite CB Prospects of the past several years Jaylon Johnson and Christian Gonzalez are the two best CBs in the NFL. I wanted Gonzalez at Pick 7 (check my big board). I wanted Jaylon at Pick 19 (check my big board). I’m no scout and no expert but pretty confident I can draft better than the Raider organization since 2004 (as can many other fans). Especially QB/WR/CB.

31 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

My two favorite CB Prospects of the past several years Jaylon Johnson and Christian Gonzalez are the two best CBs in the NFL. I wanted Gonzalez at Pick 7 (check my big board). I wanted Jaylon at Pick 19 (check my big board). I’m no scout and no expert but pretty confident I can draft better than the Raider organization since 2004 (as can many other fans). Especially QB/WR/CB.

I don't watch much college football but have been looking into potential players we could be targeting in the draft this offseason.  What is your take on Denzel Burke as a player we could target with our early 2nd.  Will Johnson will obviously be long gone and hopefully we are in a position to take a Qb with our 1st but landing a good, young CB is a must. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

52 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I don't watch much college football but have been looking into potential players we could be targeting in the draft this offseason.  What is your take on Denzel Burke as a player we could target with our early 2nd.  Will Johnson will obviously be long gone and hopefully we are in a position to take a Qb with our 1st but landing a good, young CB is a must. 

If Tae is traded for a 2nd rounder; the biggest needs I see on the team: QB1, RB1, WR1, RG, DT, EDGE, WLB

I'm hoping Glaze can improve and be the RT of the future. Yet to be seen. I like what I seen from Bennett and Richardson has potential. Diablo has to prove it the next 11 games. Imagine another monster DT or Edge. I dont value RB with a first unless it's Jeanty. RG and WLB are more of a day 2 pick. That leaves the following positions for the first:

• QB
  • WR1
  • DT
  • EDGE 

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

If Tae is traded for a 2nd rounder; the biggest needs I see on the team: QB1, RB1, WR1, RG, DT, EDGE, WLB

I'm hoping Glaze can improve and be the RT of the future. Yet to be seen. I like what I seen from Bennett and Richardson has potential. Diablo has to prove it the next 11 games. Imagine another monster DT or Edge. I dont value RB with a first unless it's Jeanty. RG and WLB are more of a day 2 pick. That leaves the following positions for the first:

• QB
  • WR1
  • DT
  • EDGE 

No doubt we will need all of those things but you're leaving CB off this list which is a major need.  This team is lacking a true #1 CB.  A stud edge next to Maxx would be nice as well.  In 2023 I listed D. Hall as a target with our 2nd and we went with Mayer who is now a backup and appears to be a bust.  Hall is balling out this year with the Seahawks. I also was in favor a a trade back in the 1st and drafting Porter Jr.  Oh well one can dream right...  Imagine what those two would have done for this D.  That is value!

I also don't see your optimism with our Oline.  It lis littered with trash and Galze most likely will be a backup.  I would say that C, RG and RT are all needs.  Diablo is a Jag who should be upgraded.  The guy has shown nothing above average in years.

I would also add safety to the list as both Moherig and what ever other bum we throw back there are both below average.  This team has massive holes at many positions and keep throwing backups in there as starters just as we have done over the last 20+ years which is exaclty what happens when our FO drafts terribly and we get atrocious value in free agency. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

13 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

What do you think about his size? He’s fairly thin for an edge rusher 

He’s got a lot of great bend. His forced fumble tonight keeps UT in the game period, along with a few other top notch plays. He fights hard in the trenches and for someone his size has a far more pronounced impact. He is smaller though so I definitely see what you’re saying there. He’s a smart player. Very smart. Excited to see how the rest of the season goes for him. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

• QB
  • WR1
  • DT
  • EDGE 

Also safety. Both starters are FA. I see us going after Jevon Holland for the big play. QB in draft.