2025 NFL Draft Thread

What do people think of Will Howard?  I'm looking through the QBs in this year's draft and I'm wondering where the QBs currently rank according to those who have watched more tape.  I'm going to start watching college ball with my son and we watched the Ohio State vs Oregon game.  I think he's decent.  Less accurate than his stats show.  Seems like the offense is heavy RPO with Howard always going for his first look.  If it doesn't work out then he just tucks it and runs for 3-4 yards.  I also watched his highlights against Iowa on YouTube.  I don't think he's the greatest but I'm just wondering what our options will be on day 1 and day 2 of this upcoming draft.

I also watched Oklahoma vs Texas.  I don't really like Ewers.  I honestly think their TE Gunner Helm is going to be a decent TE in the NFL though.  Not great, but good.  I don't think Ewers elevates his teammates.  I think he's just blessed to be on Texas this year.

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'll have to watch some more of his tape. I don't really love any of the QB's this year so far but man Drew Allar has caught my eye. Not sure if he'll declare but I think he could be this years JJ McCarthy.

Finally got to check Allar out vs SC. JJ is a good comp, I can see it. 

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

Finally got to check Allar out vs SC. JJ is a good comp, I can see it. 

He's big, mobile, and has a super strong arm. Looks like the prototypical QB. 

Penn State plays a pro-style system so he's not going to put up gaudy numbers. But I think NFL teams will love him

11. Shedeur Sanders | QB | Colorado

42. Walter Nolen | DL | Ole Miss

61. Donovan Jackson | OL | Ohio State

73. Ollie Gordon | RB | Oklahoma State

109. Kaden Prather | WR | Maryland

145. Marvin Jones Jr. | Edge | Florida State

187. Clay Webb | OL | Jacksonville State

212. Jaishawn Barham | LB | Michigan

214. Shilo Sanders | S | Colorado

220. Sam Brown | WR | Miami (FL)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jerry said:

What do people think of Will Howard?  I'm looking through the QBs in this year's draft and I'm wondering where the QBs currently rank according to those who have watched more tape.  I'm going to start watching college ball with my son and we watched the Ohio State vs Oregon game.  I think he's decent.  Less accurate than his stats show.  Seems like the offense is heavy RPO with Howard always going for his first look.  If it doesn't work out then he just tucks it and runs for 3-4 yards.  I also watched his highlights against Iowa on YouTube.  I don't think he's the greatest but I'm just wondering what our options will be on day 1 and day 2 of this upcoming draft.

I also watched Oklahoma vs Texas.  I don't really like Ewers.  I honestly think their TE Gunner Helm is going to be a decent TE in the NFL though.  Not great, but good.  I don't think Ewers elevates his teammates.  I think he's just blessed to be on Texas this year.

He sucks

2 minutes ago, Totty said:

Gotta be Cam Ward right?  🙏🏼

We probably aren't bad enough to land him.

IMHO it will be one of Ward/Sanders/Beck/Ewers/Milroe.

As of now, I'd roughly rank them: Ward > Sanders = Ewers > Beck> Milroe.

Ewers is cleaner than Sanders off the field but also more injury prone. Beck has great physical tools but has made some horrible decisions this year. Milroe is the most raw of all these guys but has huge potential. Dart is probably a guy I'd take in round 2. Huge potential but he isn't ready yet.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

IMHO it will be one of Ward/Sanders/Beck/Ewers/Milroe.

As of now, I'd roughly rank them: Ward > Sanders = Ewers > Beck> Milroe.

Ewers is cleaner than Sanders off the field but also more injury prone. Beck has great physical tools but has made some horrible decisions this year. Milroe is the most raw of all these guys but has huge potential. Dart is probably a guy I'd take in round 2. Huge potential but he isn't ready yet.

We currently top 10 and trending down. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Things can get very ugly very quickly for us. Rams, Chiefs, Bengals, Dolphins (Tua should be back by then), Broncos, Chiefs, Bucs, Falcons, Jags, Saints, Chargers are the remaining games.

We're already 2-4, just traded an elite player and one of our other elite players in Wilkins is out for a while still. I think we will win 2 more games this year.

Edited by RaidersAreOne
  • Like 1

Raiders are gonna finish in the top 5. This is a bad team. It ain’t gonna get better. If the Pats pick ahead of the Raiders then that’s fine cause they’re not gonna pick a QB. Raiders gonna need the Browns to win some games.

Things get interesting if the Panthers or Titans finish ahead of the Raiders. Will they want to go back to the draft so early and pick another QB

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I doubt they'll give up on him that fast. I think the most likely scenario (assuming Darnold finishes strong) is that they tag Darnold, give McCarthy a year to develop behind him while actually healthy, and then make their decision during the 2026 offseason. 

They could very well but JJ‘s trade values goes down every year.