2025 NFL Draft Thread

3 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Sure but there’s plenty of season left. Making grandiose sweeping statements like that like six weeks in is putting the cart in front of the horse. Let’s see how it plays out. 

The season is winding down, only 5 more weeks after this one. Beck's performance against Alabama and this weekend against Texas will be the most important film for his evaluation process, IMO. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

The season is winding down, only 5 more weeks after this one. Beck's performance against Alabama and this weekend against Texas will be the most important film for his evaluation process, IMO. 

Texas game is going to be big. I definitely agree with you there. Let’s see what happens. I like Beck but this could be the difference between first or second round for him. 

3 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Texas game is going to be big. I definitely agree with you there. Let’s see what happens. I like Beck but this could be the difference between first or second round for him. 

The next six weeks will be important for all of the QB prospects, I don't think any of them have done enough to separate themselves from the pack. 

Guys like Jaxson Dart and Miller Moss have started to cool off and don't look like legit first round options anymore, IMO. And that could be what happens this year, guys don't really separate themselves but a couple of them tank their stock.

Sanders, Ewers, Beck, Milroe and Ward all have a chance to play themselves into being first round picks. I think Garrett Nussmeier and Drew Allar are two sleepers that could rise up boards late too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The next six weeks will be important for all of the QB prospects, I don't think any of them have done enough to separate themselves from the pack. 

Guys like Jaxson Dart and Miller Moss have started to cool off and don't look like legit first round options anymore, IMO. And that could be what happens this year, guys don't really separate themselves but a couple of them tank their stock.

Sanders, Ewers, Beck, Milroe and Ward all have a chance to play themselves into being first round picks. I think Garrett Nussmeier and Drew Allar are two sleepers that could rise up boards late too. 

I actually like Nussmeier a lot. He’s one I’m really paying attention to. Though screw Brian Kelly always and forever. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think we'll probably target a big bodied, traditional X type of WR. Jakobi / Bowers do most of their damage over the middle of the field and Tucker is a deep threat / slot guy. Ideally we'll add someone that can win consistently on the outside. 

Tre Harris would make sense in the second or Nic Anderson later in the draft.

Agreed especially because Bowers himself is a YAC guy. We need the outside win vs press/deep threat guy. Basically a #1 WR lmao. Tee Higgins fits the bill but he'll be pricey.

49 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Agreed especially because Bowers himself is a YAC guy. We need the outside win vs press/deep threat guy. Basically a #1 WR lmao. Tee Higgins fits the bill but he'll be pricey.

Bowers is good enough to be the number #1,  Meyers is a good #2, and Tucker has potential to be a good third option in the passing game. If we're going to keep Meyers I wouldn't really prioritize spending big for a WR. Another veteran depth guy and a 2nd-4th round pick would be enough. 

I'd target someone like Darius Slayton, DJ Chark, Josh Palmer, or Noah Brown in free agency.

Then someone like Tre Harris, JMichael Sturdivant, or Nic Anderson in the draft. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FloydFan said:

I just don’t get this. Everybody needs to show something every week. That’s the game. Ewers has looked great, just worry about the injuries and Beck while having regressed a little, has not been awful and been rebounding from the Bama game 

And being real, the 2nd half of the 'Bama game was a scouts dream. Nearly lead a comeback and was playing lights out.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

We need to hire a great offensive mind as the next head coach. Someone who can call the plays 

If Brady can hire and lure Ben Johnson, not all, but close to all will be forgiven 🤣

I do not want sanders, but it is basically because of off field stuff, but no doubt I’d feel better about whatever rookie qb with Ben Johnson on staff. 
and having Brady in their ear should help too, even a Brady hater can’t deny that

16 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Do you think the last draft was a one-time thing with 6 QBs going in the top 12?  I'm worried we will have QBs ranked as second round picks that will end up going in the top 15 again.

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Do you think the last draft was a one-time thing with 6 QBs going in the top 12?  I'm worried we will have QBs ranked as second round picks that will end up going in the top 15 again.

I have a hard time seeing that many teams needing a first round QB next year. 

7 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I have a hard time seeing that many teams needing a first round QB next year. 

6?  Hmm.  You're probably right.  I'm just concerned with teams trading up for QBs this draft just to get the guy they want.  There may be teams in the 10s-20s who are willing to make a trade to get their guy in the top 5.  It'll be interesting to see how this upcoming draft plays out after last year's draft.