2025 NFL Draft Thread

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Bowers is good enough to be the number #1,  Meyers is a good #2, and Tucker has potential to be a good third option in the passing game. If we're going to keep Meyers I wouldn't really prioritize spending big for a WR. Another veteran depth guy and a 2nd-4th round pick would be enough. 

I'd target someone like Darius Slayton, DJ Chark, Josh Palmer, or Noah Brown in free agency.

Then someone like Tre Harris, JMichael Sturdivant, or Nic Anderson in the draft. 

If we get a QB in the first round, I'm really hoping we find a RB as well.  No way will we be able to support a rookie QB without a good running back that can average 4 ypc.  I think we need to do that, and we need to upgrade the OL.

I have a random question.  Where do you all think Jeanty will be drafted?  If for some reason we drop out of the top 10 and he's still on the board, do we take him in the first?  I'm not really sure what his value is in today's NFL and how other fans view him.  He's having a historic season IMO, and I wouldn't cry if we picked him outside of the top 10.

12 minutes ago, Jerry said:

6?  Hmm.  You're probably right.  I'm just concerned with teams trading up for QBs this draft just to get the guy they want.  There may be teams in the 10s-20s who are willing to make a trade to get their guy in the top 5.  It'll be interesting to see how this upcoming draft plays out after last year's draft.

I think that there are enough good QB's with NFL qualities and high upsides that one or two of the top 4 will become very good in the league. It's rare the top 2 QB's drafted are the best, so even if we draft 8th, or 9th, and 2 get picked before us.....historically speaking we still have a great shot at getting someone who can be good.  

I just think last year was an anomoly. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I was underwhelmed with how he looked against Oklahoma and he got hurt again. I don't think he looks any different then he did last season

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that felt this way.  

21 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I have a random question.  Where do you all think Jeanty will be drafted?  If for some reason we drop out of the top 10 and he's still on the board, do we take him in the first?  I'm not really sure what his value is in today's NFL and how other fans view him.  He's having a historic season IMO, and I wouldn't cry if we picked him outside of the top 10.

IF Beck ends up being seen as a 2nd round pick... Id have no problem taking Jeanty, then trading back into the 1st for Beck

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

I like this idea.  A lot.

I know we have holes all over, but giving Beck his college teamate in Bowers, and an animal at RB is definitely a nice way to help out your young QB.

Obviously if they see Beck as their guy, they may not want to risk it. 
Beck is so tough for me, I know he has "fallen", but it just takes one team. 
Him in late first too me is the deal of the draft at this point. 

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I know we have holes all over, but giving Beck his college teamate in Bowers, and an animal at RB is definitely a nice way to help out your young QB.

Obviously if they see Beck as their guy, they may not want to risk it. 
Beck is so tough for me, I know he has "fallen", but it just takes one team. 
Him in late first too me is the deal of the draft at this point. 

We would have to pull the trigger on moving back into the first.  It may take trading away some future day 1/2 picks to land Beck this year.  Especially if he does well against Texas this weekend.  I wonder if Telesco would be willing to do such a thing to put Beck, Jeanty, and Bowers together all on the same team.  I would go into next season feeling the most optimistic I've ever felt as a fan.

Also, really looking forward to Georgia playing Texas on Saturday.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2024 at 3:36 AM, Styrian Raider said:

Well, only if Shedeur shows some growth mentally. Brady said Shedeur should spend more time in the film room, than with cars and other stuff.
So if that doesn't change, then this door is closed.

I think he’ll be OK in the NFL his father always studied and he was way worse than the son.

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

We would have to pull the trigger on moving back into the first.  It may take trading away some future day 1/2 picks to land Beck this year.  Especially if he does well against Texas this weekend.  I wonder if Telesco would be willing to do such a thing to put Beck, Jeanty, and Bowers together all on the same team.  I would go into next season feeling the most optimistic I've ever felt as a fan.

Also, really looking forward to Georgia playing Texas on Saturday.

hopefully watching the future Raiders QB!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How does this RB class look? I know Jeanty is an absolute animal. 

This is worth looking into.  I think the Raiders need to start looking into the draft for a RB with the way our rushing attack is looking this season.  I think our priorities should be leaning toward QB, RB, IOL.  If we're going to draft our QBotF, we need to get him some training wheels.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Do you think the last draft was a one-time thing with 6 QBs going in the top 12?  I'm worried we will have QBs ranked as second round picks that will end up going in the top 15 again.

It's possible. It seems teams are more willing to cut ties quick with QBs when it's not working unlike years past.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Bowers is good enough to be the number #1,  Meyers is a good #2, and Tucker has potential to be a good third option in the passing game. If we're going to keep Meyers I wouldn't really prioritize spending big for a WR. Another veteran depth guy and a 2nd-4th round pick would be enough. 

I'd target someone like Darius Slayton, DJ Chark, Josh Palmer, or Noah Brown in free agency.

Then someone like Tre Harris, JMichael Sturdivant, or Nic Anderson in the draft. 

Harris is running way better routes than last year. He has huge potential outside.