2025 NFL Draft Thread

On 4/30/2024 at 8:14 AM, agarcia34 said:

Sanders is QB 1 followed by Beck at 2 then Ewers at 3. 

Riley Leonard finds himself in a better situation at ND to lift his draft status. 

2025 is about the QB nothing else matters. Can no longer kick the can down the road. The end of the road is here

Sanders over Beck….? Huh?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Sanders over Beck….? Huh?

If you have Sanders over Beck, you're either buying the Colorado hype or not watching enough GA Football. Beck is superior in every facet of the position to Sanders.   

• Like 2

On 6/14/2024 at 1:47 PM, big_palooka said:

If you have Sanders over Beck, you're either buying the Colorado hype or not watching enough GA Football. Beck is superior in every facet of the position to Sanders.   

I don't view Sanders as a 1st Round QB at all.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

I don't view Sanders as a 1st Round QB at all.

Ditto.

He'll probably go 1st round as the talking heads have already predetermined it shall be so, but nothing he's done warrants it. 

• Like 2

On 6/16/2024 at 1:30 PM, ronjon1990 said:

Ditto.

He'll probably go 1st round as the talking heads have already predetermined it shall be so, but nothing he's done warrants it. 

It would be crazy with the amount of bs that has come out of that program.  I remember reading somewhere on social media that Deion was threatening players with punishment if they didn't attend his son's rap concert.

Family Business: Deion Sanders Jr. Created A Vlog To Dispute That His Dad Forced The Team To Go Watch His Brother's Rap Concert | Barstool Sports

There's more links that this, but I just wanted to back up this weird little story I heard about recently.  Anyway, I don't want Shedeur Sanders anywhere near our team.

On 6/16/2024 at 1:30 PM, ronjon1990 said:

Ditto.

If he wasn’t a qb I’d say he drops out the first round. Qb too valuable as we just learned a few months ago.

I don’t even like the Colorado BS or root for them but if Sanders would have came out this past draft he would have went in the 1st round. There is no debating that. He now goes into a weaker QB draft class and will still go in the first round. 

He played behind one of the worst OLs in the power 5 conferences last year. I think there are some things that people can dislike which probably comes from his personality more than anything. Much like how people had issues with Caleb. He’s not a finished product but there are some tools to work with and there are some things he has to get better at. He’s not for everyone especially with such a polorazing personality that comes with so much baggage. 

Edited by agarcia34

On 6/18/2024 at 3:24 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

If he wasn’t a qb I’d say he drops out the first round. Qb too valuable as we just learned a few months ago.

I still don’t think he’s the first round qb for us. Can you imagine him and Maxx in the same locker room? That would be what Hard Knocks begs for. 

7 hours ago, FloydFan said:

I still don’t think he’s the first round qb for us. Can you imagine him and Maxx in the same locker room? That would be what Hard Knocks begs for. 

Maybe our culture could change him but naw he’s too Hollywood imo. Before atl drafted pennix I would’ve said there, nyj or Mia be hot spots for him

I think Sanders is a mid to late first rounder if the draft was held tomorrow. Deion has brought in a lot of great OL players. I fully expect Sanders to make a jump and possibly win the Heisman. Sanders could easily be a top 3 pick in 2025. I also feel like next year QB class is better than 2024 class. 

I think the reality about this conversation is simple: Beck may be better than Sanders, but Beck is probably going to go first overall. We will not be picking first overall. Therefore Sanders has a better chance of being there when we pick whether that means we need to trade up or not. That's simply calling a spade a spade.

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think Sanders is a mid to late first rounder if the draft was held tomorrow. Deion has brought in a lot of great OL players. I fully expect Sanders to make a jump and possibly win the Heisman. Sanders could easily be a top 3 pick in 2025. I also feel like next year QB class is better than 2024 class. 

Based on what exactly? Because seeing Sanders as a top 3 pick alone says it's clearly not. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Based on what exactly? Because seeing Sanders as a top 3 pick alone says it's clearly not. 

If Tannehill can bounce back, so can Sanders, I guess? 

Jokes aside, I can see the 2025 class being subjectively better. 

By the time the 2024 draft came around, there were still some questions about a lot of them despite all of the big 6 going by pick 12. 

Plenty of people saw Nix and Penix Jr as day 2 guys. Jayden Daniels was seen as super-inlfated. McCarthy was someone you almost knew wouldn't start right out the gate (a route not everyone is willing to take). Maye is a guy we hope comes around after being stuck in a no man's land for a QB. Caleb....you're either all in on him or checked out. 

I can actually see the argument that 2025 has similar volume, at least. 

Beck is the top of the class right now and should remain as such barring a bad injury. I think Beck is a more complete and ready to start NFL QB than either Caleb or Maye, so I'd give the top of 2025 the nod over 2024's. 

I've talked before about a few of the guys landing in better situations that have all the tools you could hope for- Leonard, DJU, Howard, Jefferson, Ward. They play a sort of Nix/Penix role in this class as the transfers that could break into the top round. I loved Penix, I didn't care for Nix much at all. If even one of the 5 guys I listed indeed garners 1st round grades, I would rank them over Nix without hesitation...and I'd be genuinely a bit shocked if only 1 of them did. 

All projections of course, but I feel like 2024 had 4 1st round QBs and 2 guys that got bumped to the 1st because of how many teams needed a QB, while 2025 could be the year we see a couple of guys with solid 1st round grades slip to round 2 because of volume and need. 

I'm high on Howard, but I recognize he has a steeeeeeeep climb to round 1. 

But DJU, Leonard, Jefferson? They do what people think they can do, they're bonafide round 1 worthy, imo. 

I've already said I think Beck is better than Caleb or Maye, so a mix of Beck, Sanders, DJU, Leonard, Jefferson, Weizmann, Ewers, so on so forth....

I see a few guys I would have taken over Nix and possibly McCarthy there, and a few who might just offer more than Maye and/or Daniels. 

Could be trash compared to 2024 too. But yeah, on a QB by QB analysis, I can see where more people are higher on more QBs for the 2025 class, even if a few wind up slipping from round 1.

Seems to me that 2024 was Caleb and Maye and then guys slotted in as the season went on. McCarthy wasn't a guarantee to declare and none of Nix, Daniels, or Penix were early favorites to even get round 1 looks, and again, 2 of them were viewed as a bit contentious to be 1st rou d worthy even up to Draft day. 

Gonna be interesting to see what happens this year behind Beck as the season wears on and guys begin to solidify their stock. I wouldn't base it on Sanders though, for sure lol. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

Same thing happens every year, fans convince themselves that the next class is better than the last.

I don't see it. No QB in this upcoming class are being heralded the way Williams and Maye were a year ago. I don't see that level QB in this class. As much as I like Beck, he's more a Matt Ryan-esque type QB, which isn't a bad thing but you have to keep perspective. He plays on the top college program in football. He has a ton of help.

I can't make a case for anyone else right now as a top 10 at QB and arguably first round.