Early predictions: Who is QB1 come week one?

Who wins the starting QB Job?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the starting QB Job?

I'm not going to crap on this season like last season (when Jimmy G. was the starter and making the Raiders unwatchable).  I want Minshew under center just because I think he would be more exciting to watch.  I don't care about W-L record this season because I know we are going to maintain the status quo of 7-9 wins per usual.  We're going to continue the norm that Derek Carr created and be too good for a top 5 pick and too crappy for a playoff spot for the foreseeable future.  Only way we are getting our QBotF is if we strip the team down to the bones, package up some players/picks for a top 3 pick, or a top 10 QB somehow hits the market (Dak Prescott anyone?).

• Like 1

On 8/11/2024 at 4:27 PM, Tank4Drake said:

Yeah it scares me as well. But I’ve never seen a team do bare bones at WR/TE. Like they have nothing. It will be Nabers, Nabers, and more Nabers. 

Someone who I will target later on in my keeper league where we have a "prospect keeper" is Brian Thomas Jr.  He looks like a very good young WR and is in a good situation with TLaw slinging him the rock.  He should start the season as the #2 alongside of Kirk.  What are your thoughts on Thomas? 

6 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Someone who I will target later on in my keeper league where we have a "prospect keeper" is Brian Thomas Jr.  He looks like a very good young WR and is in a good situation with TLaw slinging him the rock.  He should start the season as the #2 alongside of Kirk.  What are your thoughts on Thomas? 

I love Thomas. He’s a Top 15 owned player for me in bestball. Check the underdog thread in fantasy for my exposures. 

• Like 1

Big day today. Even though it is a forgone conclusion that AOC will start. I think Eventually Minshew will start at some people of the season. I think he still has his best football ahead of him 

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It's AOC. His accuracy, zip and willingness to stay in the pocket and progress through reads are lightyears ahead of Minshew. One poor decision/throw doesn't change that fact.

I was slightly in the Minshew camp but I have now changed my opinion. From what I’ve seen so far, start AOC as he’s more in tune with the scheme I think, and Minshew is the guy who can come off the bench if needed and add a spark.

Neither are great options but I think that’s the best we can do with what we have. AOC does have a little zip to his arm, more than Minshew and he’s added at least a minimal amount of mobility. I like that he’s prepared to stay in the pocket and go through reads rather than bolt straight away, he’s shown signs of improvement. He’s probably at a Jacoby Brissett level or thereabouts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Imagine if Mcdoofus would of just took the Texans offer for the #2 pick

Now that’s a can of worms…….what if Stroud was just good enough to keep McDaniels his job? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Now that’s a can of worms…….what if Stroud was just good enough to keep McDaniels his job? 

That is the catch 22. If Stroud was ROY with us, McDaniels is still coaching this team . So indirectly , Tyree Wilson helped get the Patriots west outta here

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I was slightly in the Minshew camp but I have now changed my opinion. From what I’ve seen so far, start AOC as he’s more in tune with the scheme I think, and Minshew is the guy who can come off the bench if needed and add a spark.

Neither are great options but I think that’s the best we can do with what we have. AOC does have a little zip to his arm, more than Minshew and he’s added at least a minimal amount of mobility. I like that he’s prepared to stay in the pocket and go through reads rather than bolt straight away, he’s shown signs of improvement. He’s probably at a Jacoby Brissett level or thereabouts.

This. AOC is a better fit for the offense and particularly DA. Run the ball use play action should be our MO. 

• Like 2