How would you rate him so far?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate him so far?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

He’s to say really. Didn’t have much cap to work with and were kind of forced to build around a Cousins led team for the next 2 seasons at least just to get cap compliant. The Smith and Hicks adds we’re nice. Phillips not as excited about but will see, would have preferred more of a focus at CB since we need 3. At least they are focused on improving the defense so they get a B from me. 

Peter King: "The new GM of the Vikings is an impressive guy. At his first league meetings as a GM, he took time Sunday to explain his philosophy about team-building in a time when the value of veterans stars and draft picks are changing drastically. I mentioned to him that I thought team construction was a continuum, with a GM having to constantly recalibrate how to build. “ ‘Continuum’ is a good word for it,” he said. “I think you’ve got to make sure you always know where your team is at all times. Sometimes you can deceive yourself.” I also liked two of the main things he was looking for when he interviewed head coaches: suppression of ego (“All that matters is what’s best for the team,” he said) and accountability for mistakes. You’re going to make some. In fact, you’ll make a lot. Admit them and move on, but don’t hide the mistake and then move on. Adofo-Mensah said he thinks the coach he chose, Kevin O’Connell, “has rare intellect and temperament.” Enjoyed my time with this Princeton grad you’ll be hearing a lot about."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/28/nfl-overtime-rule-tyreek-hill-trade-fmia-peter-king/

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Doesn’t the Watson trade blow this all up on many levels. 

I'm not sure if it does, especially since he's a QB, which is clearly a "key position."  However, I don't know about the structure of his contract and where that falls into their "salary cap" slot.  

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I'm not sure if it does, especially since he's a QB, which is clearly a "key position."  However, I don't know about the structure of his contract and where that falls into their "salary cap" slot.  

They clearly don’t value character. 

16 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

There is going to be a lot of upset people if he works on accumulating picks I feel like.  As long as he doesn't focus on getting a bunch more 6th and 7th rounders

Yeah, they're going to have to come with a nickname for him. "Ten Pick Kwesi" doesn't really have a good ring to it.