Chiefs WR Rashee Rice under investigation for hitting photographer

45 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Came here to post this. Should be pretty much easy to solve if the Instagram stuff matches up. What a waste. 

I keep waiting for one those "TMZ security cam footage obtained" posts lol

Kareem Hunt got the boot after giving the boot to a girl and lying about it. The car crash already had him on thin ice with the team, this would probably push him through. 

Ok, but why? Why should the Chiefs self-impose a penalty on themselves (I.e. intentionally lose Rice) and let another team benefit (as another team will sign him)?

Just let the NFL FO deal with Rice. And if you’re the Chiefs, support Rice with counseling and resources.

The only reason the Chiefs would have to cut him is to distance themselves from “trouble”, but… that’s not something that’s really attainable, as there’s a lot of individuals associated with the team that have similar troubles (as do all teams).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Duluther said:

Ok, but why? Why should the Chiefs self-impose a penalty on themselves (I.e. intentionally lose Rice) and let another team benefit (as another team will sign him)?

Just let the NFL FO deal with Rice. And if you’re the Chiefs, support Rice with counseling and resources.

The only reason the Chiefs would have to cut him is to distance themselves from “trouble”, but… that’s not something that’s really attainable, as there’s a lot of individuals associated with the team that have similar troubles (as do all teams).

Oh believe me I don't wanna just hand him off to another team. I'm just saying what I suspect could happen. 

As for reasoning, take a look at the pearl clutches in this thread alone "oh ets da cHiEfS!" but you can best believe they'll try the "humanitarian" angle if he signs with their team lol. 

I'm still in the wait and see approach. Hoping for the best but fearing the worst.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Oh believe me I don't wanna just hand him off to another team. I'm just saying what I suspect could happen. 

As for reasoning, take a look at the pearl clutches in this thread alone "oh ets da cHiEfS!" but you can best believe they'll try the "humanitarian" angle if he signs with their team lol. 

I'm still in the wait and see approach. Hoping for the best but fearing the worst.

I hear you. Let’s call a spade a spade: those doing that are doing it because the Chiefs are on top and said people are looking for the angles to knock them down. Happens with every top team.

Not to say Rice isn’t doing dumbass things. Just that literally nothing is solved by the Chiefs releasing him, and the fan & media pressure to do so is (as it always is)… odd. Especially so because Rice’s release could be seen as a positive for him. He may very well like KC and benefits from Mahomes, but his release means he can sign with any willing (read: most) team. You’re giving him the opportunity to pick his favorite combo of city+team+qb+contract. It’s just rewarding him.

Edited by Duluther
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Duluther said:

There's more important things in life than winning football games. If I was a Chiefs fan, I'd want him off my team. I wouldn't enjoy rooting for him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If these allegations are true (big if), this is truly insane. Man needs to be in jail for the safety of others.

how did the Chiefs win the SB with the dumbest WR Corp of all time? Enshrine Andy Reid and Mahomes already

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 6:06 PM, LeotheLion said:

There's more important things in life than winning football games.

NFL teams don't feel that way. Neither did Joe Paterno.

Rashee Rice is what I call a "garbage guy", because everything he does off the field is garbage.

6 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

NFL teams don't feel that way. Neither did Joe Paterno.

Rashee Rice is what I call a "garbage guy", because everything he does off the field is garbage.

Yeah, I'm coming from a fan's perspective. I'm not someone that gets paid whether or not I win or lose every Sunday so it's easier for me to have this viewpoint. Though I do believe several organizations would have cut Rice already.