Bills sign WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling

SteelKing728

• SteelKing728 changed the title to Bills sign WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Does this move the needle at all for Buffalo?

It provides needed depth, but adding a #4 WR (who probably will be #6 in targets) isn't going to do much.

We're looking at:

Shakir

Coleman

Samuel

MVS

As our top 4 WRs, but the target share will also be given to Kincaid and Knox, who I believe will be pretty far ahead of MVS. That's actually incredibly solid with potential for more if Kincaid and Shakir continue progressing. A lot of the offense is going to flow through Cook as well. Brady used him a lot more than Dorsey did, and Buffalo was a much more well-rounded offense because of it. 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

It provides needed depth, but adding a #4 WR (who probably will be #6 in targets) isn't going to do much.

We're looking at:

Shakir

Coleman

Samuel

MVS

As our top 4 WRs, but the target share will also be given to Kincaid and Knox, who I believe will be pretty far ahead of MVS. That's actually incredibly solid with potential for more if Kincaid and Shakir continue progressing. A lot of the offense is going to flow through Cook as well. Brady used him a lot more than Dorsey did, and Buffalo was a much more well-rounded offense because of it. 

I get Kincaid and Knox are in the equation but I have a hard time seeing how this is "incredibly solid".

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I get Kincaid and Knox are in the equation but I have a hard time seeing how this is "incredibly solid".

It isn’t lol. I think the world of Kincaid though. Him blossoming into an upper echelon top 5 type tight end would be what lifts the pass catching room to top half of the league.

Shakir is also good for what he is but if we got like 70/800 out of him I’d be thrilled.

”incredibly solid” to me is like top ten though and we’d need Kincaid, and Shakir to take a couple steps forward and Coleman to prove to be a legit 1.

Josh Allen is what makes the room better

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Heh, I almost edited my post to delete the word 'incredibly', so I'd agree I worded that poorly but was too lazy to edit. I do think it's a solid group of weapons but I'm also high on Kincaid. 

Low risk signing.. Kincaid gonna get his looks and James Cook should take a bigger role in passing game but this signing makes sense for both of us and MVS. He'll be battling Keon Coleman, Khalil Shakir and Curtis Samuels 

He's a good camp away from starting WR2 in a Josh Allen offense.

1 hour ago, D82 said:

They could have had Xavier Worthy had they not traded with KC but…

But they may have traded back and gotten a receiver that better fits what they are looking to do offensively?

But they may have gotten the better player and we will have to wait and see?

• Like 1