2008 Detroit Lions vs. 2017 Cleveland Browns

everlong

5 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Yes...I still believe whatever happens in the last two weeks the 2008 Lions were worse. 

It eventually worked out for the lions since they drafted Stafford after going 0-16, maybe the browns will luck out somehow.

2017 Browns:

-11.1 Point Differential, -11.57 SRS, -28.5% DVOA

2008 Lions:

-15.5 Point Differential, -13.11 SRS, -48.4% DVOA

It's not particularly close.  The Browns are bad, but they've played a lot of teams close and have lost two OT games.

17 hours ago, OleXmad said:

People love to hate on Hue Jackson but he's actually a good coach. It's just the browns making him look bad.

No, he's really bad, he's a coordinator that needs elite talent in order to be successful, and couldn't inspire a fat kid to eat cake.

As far as the comparison, the 2008 Lions were as a whole a bad team, the 17 Browns are a product of the most overrated coaching staff of all time, every guy on that staff literally is overrated. Except Blake Williams who does a really good job with our linebackers. Everyone else are duds who live off prior success from other teams, this team has plenty of talent to at least have 5 wins this year.

6 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

No, he's really bad, he's a coordinator that needs elite talent in order to be successful, and couldn't inspire a fat kid to eat cake.

As far as the comparison, the 2008 Lions were as a whole a bad team, the 17 Browns are a product of the most overrated coaching staff of all time, every guy on that staff literally is overrated. Except Blake Williams who does a really good job with our linebackers. Everyone else are duds who live off prior success from other teams, this team has plenty of talent to at least have 5 wins this year.

Uh huh.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't follow the Browns too much since they are an AFC team, but one thing I will say about the 2008 Lions is that one good thing came out of the winless season - they were able to dump Matt Millen after that.  Since then, they have been adding some good players and are definitely going in the right direction.  I hope both of these teams can have success in the future because both of them have great, loyal fan bases.

19 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I don't follow the Browns too much since they are an AFC team, but one thing I will say about the 2008 Lions is that one good thing came out of the winless season - they were able to dump Matt Millen after that.  Since then, they have been adding some good players and are definitely going in the right direction.  I hope both of these teams can have success in the future because both of them have great, loyal fan bases.

that 0-16 season gave them a competent QB which has resulted in their relative success since. 

League working like it's designed to, right there.

On 12/20/2017 at 4:01 PM, OleXmad said:

People love to hate on Hue Jackson but he's actually a good coach. It's just the browns making him look bad.

Regardless of the x's and o's part of coaching I don't see how anyone could think he's a good HC with the excuse making and throwing players under the bus he's done this year.

Archived