Week 16 GDT: Rams (Good record) at Titans (progressively worse record)

titans0021

My post must not have gone thru...

mularkey basically admitted in his press conference that we are reactive and not proactive on O

when asked why Davis was a focal point, he more or less said: "the coverages they were showing dictated that we could go to Corey more"

11 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Mularkey probably isn't going anywhere even if we do miss, the OC will be changed before Mularkey is, IMO.

i have to believe our front office will be smart enough not to keep him around for a lame duck year where we couldn’t possibly get a good replacement at OC, but then, my faith is probably unwarranted.

Just now, -Hope- said:

i have to believe our front office will be smart enough not to keep him around for a lame duck year where we couldn’t possibly get a good replacement at OC, but then, my faith is probably unwarranted.

Comes down to the question of can the ownership afford it(or do they want to afford it). They're still paying Ken Whisenhunt as well. Of course it also brings up the issue of if you keep Mularkey you obviously have to give him some kind of extension because he's not gonna bring in any OC worth a **** on a 1 year deal, so if next year is a failure as well are you willing to fire him and pay his extended contract?

It's a mess. The offense finally showed some innovation today but failed in the redzone. We'll see if it's too little too late or not when the season is over I guess.

A hilarious situation is if we do make the playoffs and play the Jags(which is most likely, as Ravens likely grab 5 seed with a win over Cinci next week) and then beat the Jags in the playoffs which I don't think is anywhere out of the realm of possibility, what do you do?

Not sure I've seen a situation quite like this before.

Archived