Week 16 GDT: Rams (Good record) at Titans (progressively worse record)

titans0021

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I think things could pan out with Mularkey if he were willing to adapt (both his staff and his offense), but I have a bad feeling that he won't. He reminds me of a Fisher or a Jack Del Rio. He's just too stuck in doing things the way he's always done them.

the interesting thing with mularkey is by all accounts he completely overhauled his managerial/motivational style and it's been very successful for him. he was known as a real stickler and disciplinarian in buffalo and jacksonville, and his players hated him for it. he comes here and appears to have reformed himself into a veritable players' coach, and was pretty successful in instituting a culture change in what used to be a team that lacked any kind of unity or camaraderie. and yet....he appears completely unable to change from an x's and o's perspective, and i think that'll be his undoing. it's really crippled this team this year.

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

The uncertainty of each makes both less than appealing. .

I'd take playoffs and uncertainty of future over no playoffs and uncertainty. 

I do need changes to the offense. I need more guarantee that change happens to be 100% either way. If you tell me we gonna make offensive changes with no playoffs vs. Playoffs and things stay same then I'd go no playoff. 

I WANT THE PLAYOFFS! We can beat the Jags 3 times in a year again. 

All of you that want to lose for a VERY SLIM CHANCE of firing mike are zzzzzzz idc.

Honestly playoffs or not if hes not going anywhere AND if the offense doesnt improve next year he will be fired so ILL TAKE THE PLAYOFFS. Pls :(

I really do think we are witnessing an overhaul of the offense right now. It took waaaaaaay toooooooo long, but this was a completely different offense than the rest of the season. Running what we did today with a healthy and fully mobile Marcus, Henry as the feature back and a speed secondary option could be fun with a full offseason to prepare. 

I know I've complained a lot about Mularkey, but I absolutely loved going no-huddle but not rushing the snap, letting Marcus read the defense and work from there.

25 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I really do think we are witnessing an overhaul of the offense right now. It took waaaaaaay toooooooo long, but this was a completely different offense than the rest of the season. Running what we did today with a healthy and fully mobile Marcus, Henry as the feature back and a speed secondary option could be fun with a full offseason to prepare. 

I know I've complained a lot about Mularkey, but I absolutely loved going no-huddle but not rushing the snap, letting Marcus read the defense and work from there.

I don't think anyone will give him any credit for going to it now.

It needs some work. 
We don't have to only run from the shotgun. If we do that, Henry will be rendered useless. I don't think he is a good shotgun runner.  

It will take some adjustment on how to run.

You do see what he was saying somewhat with no-huddle taking away options to run the ball.  

But we could have won the Cardinals game if we went to it the no huddle and won other games a little more comfortably probably. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I don't think anyone will give him any credit for going to it now.

It needs some work. 
We don't have to only run from the shotgun. If we do that, Henry will be rendered useless. I don't think he is a good shotgun runner.  

It will take some adjustment on how to run.

You do see what he was saying somewhat with no-huddle taking away options to run the ball.  

But we could have won the Cardinals game if we went to it the no huddle and won other games a little more comfortably probably. 

I really do think Henry can work from the gun. What really limited the run game today was the fact that we're running out of shotgun but Marcus clearly wasn't running, which meant the defense could crash towards the back instead of respecting Mariota's speed.

Just now, titans0021 said:

I really do think Henry can work from the gun. What really limited the run game today was the fact that we're running out of shotgun but Marcus clearly wasn't running, which meant the defense could crash towards the back instead of respecting Mariota's speed.

I dunno. He just seems so slow when he gets the ball going east and west.  I'd rather see a pistol look more than a straight up shotgun.  

2 hours ago, -Hope- said:

the interesting thing with mularkey is by all accounts he completely overhauled his managerial/motivational style and it's been very successful for him. he was known as a real stickler and disciplinarian in buffalo and jacksonville, and his players hated him for it. he comes here and appears to have reformed himself into a veritable players' coach, and was pretty successful in instituting a culture change in what used to be a team that lacked any kind of unity or camaraderie. and yet....he appears completely unable to change from an x's and o's perspective, and i think that'll be his undoing. it's really crippled this team this year.

Maybe on his 4th job, he will finally put it all together! :)

We are seeing a change slightly with his willingness to go to No- huddle now. But it's too late and it needs work. 

We could be really dope with it, if we'd been working it all year. 

6 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I dunno. He just seems so slow when he gets the ball going east and west.  I'd rather see a pistol look more than a straight up shotgun.  

Yes!!!! The pistol is the best of both worlds with spreading it out a bit, plus our run game. That also gives me an opportunity to post this article once again about it in regards to our offense.

https://twoqbs.com/in-season/marcus-mariota-and-the-pistol-offense/

Whoever our OC is next year should incorporate the pistol more into our offense.

I'm not putting too much into running a bit more no huddle. We scored 16 measley points on O and stalled in the red zone. Mularkey was too afraid to truly stick with it at the end, as well, as we saw with his idiotic time outs

im also not forgetting his Murray obsession 

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

I'm not putting too much into running a bit more no huddle. We scored 16 measley points on O and stalled in the red zone. Mularkey was too afraid to truly stick with it at the end, as well, as we saw with his idiotic time outs

im also not forgetting his Murray obsession 

Yep!!!

Archived