Week 16 GDT: Rams (Good record) at Titans (progressively worse record)

titans0021

20 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

So I got stuck working today, and missed only my second game of the year. Can anyone give me a quick rundown? Would be much appreciated. Looks like we sucked running the ball, as usual though. 

We didn't really even try to establish the run. Was a pretty pass heavy game, far more 3 wide/spread/hurry up concepts than we've seen in any other game. Offense moved the ball well, just didn't score TDs in the redzone. This game was pretty similar to the Oakland game to start the year. Defense wasn't great but made a play or two, offense couldn't punch it in the endzone.

I know people don't want to make the playoffs, because they feel it's the easiest road to firing Murlakey.  
But I want to make it, because we could at least make it to the divisional round. 
We could realistically beat any team in that round. 
Then we'd play the Patriots and it would end there.....lol

But I want to experience the playoffs again. Don't care how we get there.
We could be dragged in kicking and screaming going the other way, but that one extra game means a lot to me personally. lol

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I know people don't want to make the playoffs, because they feel it's the easiest road to firing Murlakey.  
But I want to make it, because we could at least make it to the divisional round. 

We could be dragged in kicking and screaming going the other way, but that one extra game means a lot to me personally. lol

Idk man. This team has struggled on the road all year. And KC or Pitt at their place sounds like a disaster waiting to happened.

We did beat the Jags at their place, so I'm slightly more confident going against them than the other teams. That would mean beating them 3 times this year, which is doable (1999 anyone?) but awfully tough.

25 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Idk man. This team has struggled on the road all year. And KC or Pitt at their place sounds like a disaster waiting to happened.

We did beat the Jags at their place, so I'm slightly more confident going against them than the other teams. That would mean beating them 3 times this year, which is doable (1999 anyone?) but awfully tough.

Yeah it would be harder but not unrealistic. 

50 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Curious. Which would you pick:

Option 1: Win, make playoffs, lose round 1, experience at minimum 2+ years of Mularkey (which likely means missing playoffs 2018, another first round loss 2019, and another extension, ala Marvin Lewis)

or

Option 2: Lose, miss playoffs, 50-50 chance to fire Mularkey and replace him with someone who could ignite our offense and play to our quarterback's strength? 

Obviously Option 2 downside is still keeping Mularkey, but you gotta believe another lost season would seal his fate for certain, whereas a playoff berth probably means extension.

7 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Curious. Which would you pick:

Option 1: Win, make playoffs, lose round 1, experience at minimum 2+ years of Mularkey (which likely means missing playoffs 2018, another first round loss 2019, and another extension, ala Marvin Lewis)

or

Option 2: Lose, miss playoffs, 50-50 chance to fire Mularkey and replace him with someone who could ignite our offense and play to our quarterback's strength? 

Obviously Option 2 downside is still keeping Mularkey, but you gotta believe another lost season would seal his fate for certain, whereas a playoff berth probably means extension.

The uncertainty of each makes both less than appealing. .

I'd take playoffs and uncertainty of future over no playoffs and uncertainty. 

I do need changes to the offense. I need more guarantee that change happens to be 100% either way. If you tell me we gonna make offensive changes with no playoffs vs. Playoffs and things stay same then I'd go no playoff. 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

They definitely look better with him. They seem like a good team, but how you gonna do my Rams like that? ;)

Lol we are a culture of today and forgetting yesterday lol

They are hot and on a streak. But yeah y'all are the better team. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Lol we are a culture of today and forgetting yesterday lol

They are hot and on a streak. But yeah y'all are the better team. 

I'm out of likes, but thank you, sir, for the props. Good luck to y'all. I know you're in a bit of a weird situation with your coaching staff, but you have a talented team. Marcus is going through the sort of struggles that are common for young QBs. He'll end up being a good one. :)

I think things could pan out with Mularkey if he were willing to adapt (both his staff and his offense), but I have a bad feeling that he won't. He reminds me of a Fisher or a Jack Del Rio. He's just too stuck in doing things the way he's always done them.

Archived