Official 2025 QB Thread

goldfishwars

I certainly think he's worth the investment, and I'll bet by the season's end he'll look even better.  He's shown growth every time I watch him, and the number of college teams running anything resembling a pro style offense is getting slimmer and slimmer by the year, so taking chances on one-to-two read QBs is just how things are gonna be going forward.

What I like about Milroe is first of all, he has a big arm, and elite athleticism.  I.e. the whole things you can't teach deal.  But he's also improved his accuracy massively since last season.  He's been on point.  Some errant throws, yes, and some very good WRs bail him out of those, so his completion percentage is a little inflated, but I do feel like his errant throws are usually in the catchable range, which is a plus.

And even if he's not regularly moving through his progressions like a Pro, there were a handful of instances where he didn't throw to his hot read because he saw the coverage coming over, and even one where he read the presnap coverage and changed his second read to his first because he saw what the defense was doing.  So he does see the field, and he does look to see what the defense is doing, and shows an ability to do that competently.

He'll likely be a project in the NFL that takes some time, and some tweaking of the offense to take full advantage of his abilities, but I think there's a good chance his best is yet to come.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, ukjets21 said:

I've not seen enouhg college football over this class' time but Ewers seems like a decent first round pick, Milroe looks alright. The others aren't appetising though.

Ewers needs to come back and finish the season playing like a first round pick for me to have any confidence in him. 

7 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Think Killer Moss is a top 10 pick? I feel like if JJ McCarthy can go top 10, then Moss can. 

There's still a long way to go so we'll see what happens. McCarthy was a much different prospect though, IMO. He looked the part, had the tools, had the pedigree and received great coaching. If Miller Moss rises that highly it's because he absolutely balls out ROS.

The early standouts for me all have different games: the guys I think will/have a shot for 1st round

Cam Ward

Quinn Ewers

Jalen Milroe

Carson Beck

Shedeur Sanders

Jaxson Dart

It's really not a bad QB class. Some of these guys just need some more development in the pros, but all of the guys I mentioned can/will be top 20 guys in the NFL.

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The early standouts for me all have different games: the guys I think will/have a shot for 1st round

Cam Ward

Quinn Ewers

Jalen Milroe

Carson Beck

Shedeur Sanders

Jaxson Dart

It's really not a bad QB class. Some of these guys just need some more development in the pros, but all of the guys I mentioned can/will be top 20 guys in the NFL.

It's not a good QB class.  There's no franchise QB in this year's class.  A couple of above-average QBs who in their peak are going to be a Derek Carr-level of QBs.  Go ahead and take one, you'll be looking for a new QB in 2-3 years.

On 10/1/2024 at 11:51 AM, Chiefer said:

Think Killer Moss is a top 10 pick? I feel like if JJ McCarthy can go top 10, then Moss can. 

Not yet, but his stock is trending upwards as is Nussmeier.  Honestly, Nussmeier has probably seen his stock rise more than any other QB has this year aside from maybe Jalen Milroe.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

It's not a good QB class.  There's no franchise QB in this year's class.  A couple of above-average QBs who in their peak are going to be a Derek Carr-level of QBs.  Go ahead and take one, you'll be looking for a new QB in 2-3 years.

Maybe I’m higher on it than most. I see some upside in some of these guys