How does the AFC North shake out in 2024?

Who will win the AFC North in 2024?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the AFC North in 2024?

• Baltimore Ravens
    • Cincinnati Bengals
    • Cleveland Browns
    • Pittsburgh Steelers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/04/2024 at 11:00 PM

20 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Championships are boss in a HOF resume for a QB and Burrow has at least gotten close. Also, eye test says Burrow is a lot better than Watson since he joined the league.

No, SBs are boss. An AFCCG win is irrelevant in the grand scheme of NFL history.

Also eye test didn’t say that prior to Watson’s stint with the Browns. Before all the SA and leaving the Texans, Watson was consistently rated within the top 5 QBs, same as Burrow is now. Many rated him above Lamar and he was typically rated right there with Josh Allen.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, DawgX said:

How so? They're a good team.

They are, but they are coming off a down year and Burrow being injured, who has seemingly been battling injuries forever. Their defense lost key pieces and I think is easily the worst in the AFCN. They have questions with Higgins/Hendrickson requesting contracts or trades, along with no more Mixon in the backfield.

They are definitely a good team mainly because of Burrow existing but they also have a ton of question marks. Randomly slotting them into 10+ wins because what they did 2 years ago I feel is just being a little overly generous. Especially with Burrows health constantly up in the air. I feel like there are more questions with that team than answers right now but many are giving all of the benefit of the doubt in a very Chargers-esq way.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

They are, but they are coming off a down year and Burrow being injured, who has seemingly been battling injuries forever. Their defense lost key pieces and I think is easily the worst in the AFCN. They have questions with Higgins/Hendrickson requesting contracts or trades, along with no more Mixon in the backfield.

They are definitely a good team mainly because of Burrow existing but they also have a ton of question marks. Randomly slotting them into 10+ wins because what they did 2 years ago I feel is just being a little overly generous. Especially with Burrows health constantly up in the air. I feel like there are more questions with that team than answers right now but many are giving all of the benefit of the doubt in a very Chargers-esq way.

I mean, they went 9-8 last year (granted, that last win came against a Browns team playing mostly backups, but whatever).

Burrow's health is a fair concern, but as long as he's healthy, they should compete. Even if their defense is just average, their offense should be good enough to win them a good amount of games. I don't view Mixon as much of a loss.

As a Browns fan, I hope you're right and that they end up sucking... I just don't see that happening. I'm not saying they'll be elite this year, but they are absolutely a strong playoff contender, IMO.

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Trading Mixon was addition by subtraction. I expect Moss to be a more efficient runner than Joe. Hendrickson has been at OTAs and is gruntled. Higgins will sign his tender during preseason and come in a couple weeks before game 1. We're thin at CB but the defense should be improved from last year with a couple of good veteran safeties replacing last year's first time starters, and more depth at DT. 

On 6/2/2024 at 4:53 PM, diamondbull424 said:
On 6/1/2024 at 8:47 PM, Thomas5737 said:

Championships are boss in a HOF resume for a QB and Burrow has at least gotten close. Also, eye test says Burrow is a lot better than Watson since he joined the league.

No, SBs are boss. An AFCCG win is irrelevant in the grand scheme of NFL history.

Also eye test didn’t say that prior to Watson’s stint with the Browns. Before all the SA and leaving the Texans, Watson was consistently rated within the top 5 QBs, same as Burrow is now. Many rated him above Lamar and he was typically rated right there with Josh Allen.

When I said championships, I meant SB, which is why I said Burrow was a lot closer.

The last time Watson was good Allen had exactly one good season in his career. Allen wasn't looked at as a top 5 QB in 2020, just a guy who either just broke out or had a career year.

As of right now, I'd guess more than 80% of football fans would say Burrow has a better chance to reach the hall than Watson. Probably much higher than 80%.

As far as getting to the SB, that isn't completely irrelevant. It isn't anywhere close to a SB win but it's certainly better for a resume than "never got there".

I still think Watson has good QB play in him. He'll never live up to that contract, but I think cle can go far with that defense if he plays like a 10th-15th rank type QB. The clock is ticking on that tho

A healthy Burrow makes this very interesting. 

On 5/22/2024 at 6:27 PM, Ray Reed said:

That said it’s the ‘vens and there’s absolutely nothing you can do about it

Those 'vens are neck and neck with the Bengals if Burrow is healthy. Toss up, imo.

Flipped a coin- and lady luck chose the 'vens, so I'm on their bandwagon now!

• Like 1

On 6/4/2024 at 11:40 AM, August4th said:

I still think Watson has good QB play in him. He'll never live up to that contract, but I think cle can go far with that defense if he plays like a 10th-15th rank type QB. The clock is ticking on that tho

That defense will need to be better than last year to carry that team far, and to win a division with two elite QBs in it seems far fetched.

Also, I think Watson is all but checked out at this point. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2024 at 9:01 PM, NudeTayne said:

😢

Source: also Kevin James

Whoa whoa whoa hey now

It's almost the same spelling and everything. What is happening to the divine brotherhood? Are we no better than 'vens or 'lers? 🥺

Hi nude have not posted to you for a whilr

i I apologize 

things look good in tampa

they are truly a elite defense plus

mcmillan maybe what they need to get there

offense in the top ten.

give my regards to there moderator to keep

talking to himself

Edited by mtmmike
Stupid
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Hi nude have not posted to you for a whilr

i I apologize 

things look good in tampa

they are truly a elite defense plus

mcmillan maybe what they need to get there

offense in the top ten.

give my regards to there moderator to keep

talking to himself

Mice glad you're a Tampa Bay/Baker fan now. Your in good voice

13 hours ago, DawgX said:

Mice glad you're a Tampa Bay/Baker fan now. Your in good voice

Like your posts

not real happy right now getting ready for fantasy football draft and it looks like for the 

first time ever I will not have 1brown on my team.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Like your posts

not real happy right now getting ready for fantasy football draft and it looks like for the 

first time ever I will not have 1brown on my team.

Sometimes it's best not to run a team like a Harvard "genius".