Who will have the best season?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the best season?

• Nick Chubb
    • David Njoku
    • Amari Cooper
    • Elijah Moore

5 hours ago, MalcolmBrown said:

You can forget the game at Baltimore if you want to, but he settled down, and made magic in that second half.  It's unfortunate that we'll never know how the rest of the season would have turned out had Watson not lost the rest of his season.  It sure was deflating watching all of that, and then just what, 2 days later? Done for the season.

Solid game against the Cardinals, comeback against the Ravens.  That's momentum.  He was pressing early in the season, easy to tell.  If he's healthy, this could be a season for the ages.

Regardless, I choose Njoku/Moore.  Mismatches on linebackers is gonna allow those two to eat.  I'm also curious if they draw up some packages where Tillman plays as a TE, if there's no surefire TE2 to give them what they're looking for.  Yes, he's 30+lbs lighter than Njoku, but he's still 6'3 and plays big.

His game against the Ravens was a net below average game. He was dreadful in the first half but obviously great in the second half. We won because our defense balled out and forced a pick 6

Cardinals was whatever, they were 1-7 at the time, on the road, and all QBs were lighting them up. I never saw any sign of momentum or improvement unless you put an absurd amount of weight on 1/2 of a game while also heavily discounting his other 11.5 mediocre to bad starts 

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

His game against the Ravens was a net below average game. He was dreadful in the first half but obviously great in the second half. We won because our defense balled out and forced a pick 6

Cardinals was whatever, they were 1-7 at the time, on the road, and all QBs were lighting them up. I never saw any sign of momentum or improvement unless you put an absurd amount of weight on 1/2 of a game while also heavily discounting his other 11.5 mediocre to bad starts 

Statistically Watson was awful in the 1H vs. Baltimore, but a lot of his incompletions were dropped passes and throwing the ball away, IIRC.

Vs. Arizona he was really inaccurate in the short passing game, but threw some absolute perfect deep balls.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Statistically Watson was awful in the 1H vs. Baltimore, but a lot of his incompletions were dropped passes and throwing the ball away, IIRC.

Vs. Arizona he was really inaccurate in the short passing game, but threw some absolute perfect deep balls.

After another month of not playing again (except starting against the Colts).

Amari Cooper vs the Cardinals - 5 catches, 139 Yards (27.8 y/c), 2 TDs

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DawgX said:

https://x.com/Jeff_LJ_Lloyd/status/1795587387478937675

Edited by MalcolmBrown
  • Like 1

I’m not really sure what to make of his season.

He absolutely had glimpses of both looking fantastic as well as some “damn this mfer looks awful” moments. That game against PIT was horrific.

At this point there’s no outcome that would stun be.  He may be washed, incredible or anywhere in between, we just don’t know yet unfortunately.

I do think that the system we ran his first few years didn’t fit him.  Stefanski is a good coach and play caller, but they needed to change things up to play to his strengths and thankfully they did.  The guys we have here now would seem to be ideal fits based on what they’ve done schematically previously.  

All that said, it’s 100% put up or shut up time.  Injuries, rust, whatever, don’t care.  Come out and play at a high level this season or it’s time to start looking forward to the next guy.

• Like 2

I’ll say Joel Bitonio stands out in a 7-10 disappointing season where the rest of the offense craps the bed against a gauntlet of a schedule and a very injured Chubb.

Posted (edited)

For the beginning of the year it will be Chubb. Stefanski is going to win with what won last year: Defense + Special Teams.

Then once Dorsey’s system is installed, it will be Watson + Cooper. I really hope another WR steps up.

Edited by candyman93

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I’ll say Joel Bitonio stands out in a 7-10 disappointing season where the rest of the offense craps the bed against a gauntlet of a schedule and a very injured Chubb.

For you this feels like optimism. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MalcolmBrown said:

You can forget the game at Baltimore if you want to, but he settled down, and made magic in that second half.  It's unfortunate that we'll never know how the rest of the season would have turned out had Watson not lost the rest of his season.  It sure was deflating watching all of that, and then just what, 2 days later? Done for the season.

Solid game against the Cardinals, comeback against the Ravens.  That's momentum.  He was pressing early in the season, easy to tell.  If he's healthy, this could be a season for the ages.

Regardless, I choose Njoku/Moore.  Mismatches on linebackers is gonna allow those two to eat.  I'm also curious if they draw up some packages where Tillman plays as a TE, if there's no surefire TE2 to give them what they're looking for.  Yes, he's 30+lbs lighter than Njoku, but he's still 6'3 and plays big.

Magic? What magic? Flacco played like that almost every game until the Houston game. Now we get another season of waiting for Watson to get in rhythm even though we just saw a nearly 40 year old do it right off the couch.   

8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

For you this feels like optimism. 

I’m not being positive or negative, I’m being serious. If you look at 2023, the home and away splits were crazy different for our defense, where at home they were elite and on the road they were “fine” to “not good”.

If Chubb doesn’t return healthy, I have major doubts about the ability to run the ball.

Cooper and Njoku are legit, but Jeudy and Moore are not good at all.

This team’s schedule is the toughest in the league with 2 TNF games to boot.

Everything hinges on Watson, and I haven’t seen any reason outside of a single half of football in 4 years to put any confidence in him.

14 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He absolutely had glimpses of both looking fantastic as well as some “damn this mfer looks awful” moments. That game against PIT was horrific.

This exact statement has been made on this board to describe Charlie Frye, Derrick Anderson, Colt McCoy, Brandon Weeden, and Johnny Manziel (apologies for Brady Quinn and Deshon Kizer for not even showing occasional flashes)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roger murdock said:

This exact statement has been made on this board to describe Charlie Frye, Derrick Anderson, Colt McCoy, Brandon Weeden, and Johnny Manziel (apologies for Brady Quinn and Deshon Kizer for not even showing occasional flashes)

I never saw a single BWeed apologist ever here, and the same goes for Charlie French Frye, minus about 2 dudes here.

On 5/29/2024 at 1:38 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s literally the same guy as Winston imo.  His arm and decision making will decide nearly every game he starts.  Gonna live and die by the YOLO shots down the field.

It was a fun ride and I’m glad he got a shot to come in and cobble some magical endings together, but what he was doing was never sustainable.  We all knew the season would end just like it did, we just didn’t know when.

Off the amount of Injuries alone!!! I figured it was a matter of time....LOL

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I’m not being positive or negative, I’m being serious. If you look at 2023, the home and away splits were crazy different for our defense, where at home they were elite and on the road they were “fine” to “not good”.

If Chubb doesn’t return healthy, I have major doubts about the ability to run the ball.

Cooper and Njoku are legit, but Jeudy and Moore are not good at all.

This team’s schedule is the toughest in the league with 2 TNF games to boot.

Everything hinges on Watson, and I haven’t seen any reason outside of a single half of football in 4 years to put any confidence in him.

All teams more or less live or die with the qb.

Thr last two superbowls were won by a candidate for the GOAT. 

Watsons range is wide. 

Top 6ish qb to 28ish.

With our team anything less than top 10 is a let let down. 

The fact they are taloring an offense that works for every qb to a Watson offense is kind of gross to me. I get we need tk support him. 

But we have good playaction, simple reads to talented players. 

Joe Flacco seems like a simple qb and flourished, even got hot. 

The pressure is on Watson, we are giving him the toys he wants and the keys to the kingdom.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

All teams more or less live or die with the qb.

Thr last two superbowls were won by a candidate for the GOAT. 

Watsons range is wide. 

Top 6ish qb to 28ish.

With our team anything less than top 10 is a let let down. 

The fact they are taloring an offense that works for every qb to a Watson offense is kind of gross to me. I get we need tk support him. 

But we have good playaction, simple reads to talented players. 

Joe Flacco seems like a simple qb and flourished, even got hot. 

The pressure is on Watson, we are giving him the toys he wants and the keys to the kingdom.

Joe Flacco has the IQ of a goldfish and was able to come in and light up the scoreboard fresh off of playing catch with his 65 year old dad. Watson sucks.