TAPT Version 71.0 Kent Branstetter never votes for an incumbent

2 hours ago, Rosser80 said:

I'm a year older than you are. Expect your sleep patterns to keep changing, some bladder soreness when you have to wee from time to time, and chronic, but manageable pain.

Unrelated. Happy 4th(Treason Day, you peasants) to those who celebrate. Please do not plan to play Jason Pierre-Paul for Halloween.

GTFOH? That **** didn't start happening to me until late 50's. Except for the chronic, but manageable pain, still don't have that ****. 

On 7/3/2024 at 5:05 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

Most people who interact with me are surprised to find out that I am in my 40s.  Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing is to be determined.  I am among the oldest millennials, and I can blend pretty well with the GenXers as well, but these genZ kids need to get off my lawn! 

We are close in age then it sounds. I'm 39 myself. I certainly don't feel 39 though 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Eternal said:

We are close in age then it sounds. I'm 39 myself. I certainly don't feel 39 though 

So, how does 39 feel ?

Unless you are an athlete or sportsperson and competing at a high level, not all that different from 29. The decline IS there and it is measurable, but I wouldn't say it feels that different. For each decade above that, the changes become increasingly significant and you can feel them then.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

4 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

So, how does 39 feel ?

Unless you are an athlete or sportsperson and competing st a high level, not all that different from 29. The decline IS there and it is measurable, but I wouldn't say it feels that different. For each decade above that, the changes become increasingly significant and you can feel them then.

So far the only thing I have noticed is that recovery takes longer.  In my early 20s, I could drink until the bar was shut down, get to work or class by 8, take a power nap in the afternoon and do it again.  In my late 20s, I would have a really bad day the next day, but be fine.  In my 30s, I realized that I really didn't like those bad days and saved the heavy drinking for weekends and holidays.  Now, I make a schedule for which days I drink and exactly how much recovery time I will have, should I decide to have more than a couple.  

LOL

just kidding, I am a degenerate!

25 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

So far the only thing I have noticed is that recovery takes longer.  In my early 20s, I could drink until the bar was shut down, get to work or class by 8, take a power nap in the afternoon and do it again.  In my late 20s, I would have a really bad day the next day, but be fine.  In my 30s, I realized that I really didn't like those bad days and saved the heavy drinking for weekends and holidays.  Now, I make a schedule for which days I drink and exactly how much recovery time I will have, should I decide to have more than a couple.  

LOL

just kidding, I am a degenerate!

Yeah, the way you feel after drinking in your forties is brutal. For me, it was not worth it anymore and I quit entirely about 13-14 years ago. 

That is a decision I do not regret whatsoever. 

20 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Yeah, the way you feel after drinking in your forties is brutal. For me, it was not worth it anymore and I quit entirely about 13-14 years ago. 

That is a decision I do not regret whatsoever. 

My dad has really cut down his alcohol consumption in his 60s.  I drink less overall since turning 30, but it is really just that I drink a lot less frequently.  Not that I really cut back on what I drink per sitting.

6 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

So, how does 39 feel ?

Unless you are an athlete or sportsperson and competing st a high level, not all that different from 29. The decline IS there and it is measurable, but I wouldn't say it feels that different. For each decade above that, the changes become increasingly significant and you can feel them then.

It feels good so far. I'm not looking forward to 49 that's for sure! Thank you for the advice 

On 7/4/2024 at 5:46 PM, Old Guy said:

Obama won it for getting elected. That award no longer has any meaning. 

43 white guys elected President in a row before Obama broke that streak.  They should rename the ******* award after him. 

• Like 3

On 7/3/2024 at 7:50 AM, ThatJerkDave said:

As for MTV, I really miss the music video blocks.  It was even more fun real late at night when there was no rhyme or reason to the playlist, so you would get DMX followed by Hammerfall.  It was a pre-internet way to discover bands that I would not normally be exposed to.  But at some point it became the Bam Margera and Rob Drydick channel, and IMO that was unwatchable.  I really don't like the "reality tv" direction entertainment has taken since about 2000.  

YouTubeTV carries MTV Classic and since there’s an unlimited DVR cloud, I record I Want My 80’s, Metal Mayhem, Yo! Hip Hop Mix and 90’s Nation. The channel runs them multiple times of day so there’s ton of episodes stacked and they’re great for putting on in the background. 

I'm not fond of the trend of interviewing players while they are playing. I don't watch baseball but turned it on as I was channel surfing, they were interviewing the 3rd baseman while he was in the field for the entire half of the inning. 

Why is that OK? Allow the guys to the game and interview them after the game.