Offseason Thread: DeRozan to the Kings!

11sanchez11

On 7/6/2024 at 11:26 PM, CWood21 said:

My point being is a team that is CLEARLY in a rebuilding phase shouldn't be looking to dump picks.  If the Bulls are finally going through the rebuild they need, they should let LaVine prove he's healthy (and productive) and then trade him without  having to attach a pick to him to move him.  I'm not saying Barnes is a positive asset.  I'd say he's neutral to slightly-negative.  LIS, I'd be interested in him if I were the Lakers.  I wouldn't give up a FRP for him by any means, but he fits a role and has some value to the right team.

Lavine makes more than guys like Anthony Davis and he has 3 YEARS LEFT. 

Who is trading for that? He is productive enough to keep the Bulls out of a top 5 pick but not good enough to get them a high seeding.

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

Who is trading for that? He is productive enough to keep the Bulls out of a top 5 pick but not good enough to get them a high seeding.

Yup, it would take quite a few picks to move off that contract which likely would delay their rebuild anyways since anyone taking him on would want a pick relatively soon.  I think they are stuck with him for another year or two.  If he can somehow play a full season and play well someone might take him for two years but it will still take a first or two.  

3 hours ago, General Tso said:

I'm not saying anyone would.  At least not without proper incentive.  But that's why I don't think Chicago should be actively trying to move him.

Teams should just boycott Danny Ainge. He’s not serious about pulling the trigger. 

Report that the Jazz were offered two 1st round picks for Walker Kessler. The Jazz decided. Just wasting people’s time. Kessler is not worth more than that. 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Teams should just boycott Danny Ainge. He’s not serious about pulling the trigger. 

Report that the Jazz were offered two 1st round picks for Walker Kessler. The Jazz decided. Just wasting people’s time. Kessler is not worth more than that. 

Why would Utah trade Kessler?  Isn’t he a cheap rim protector?

13 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Not really. It depends on what team offered those picks.  In a league where average and below average starters are making 20-30M a year a guy on a rookie contract making 6-7M the next 3 years is gold. It’s like having a qb on a rookie contract. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Not really. It depends on what team offered those picks.  In a league where average and below average starters are making 20-30M a year a guy on a rookie contract making 6-7M the next 3 years is gold. It’s like having a qb on a rookie contract. 

Agreed, I see no reason to move Kessler for a couple late 1st round picks in the distant future.  He is still young and has upside and has produced significantly more than 75% of first round picks.  He does hurt them by being good enough to not keep them in the top of the lotto but finding guys like him is what Utah is currently trying to do.  

On 7/10/2024 at 11:11 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

Agreed, I see no reason to move Kessler for a couple late 1st round picks in the distant future.  He is still young and has upside and has produced significantly more than 75% of first round picks.  He does hurt them by being good enough to not keep them in the top of the lotto but finding guys like him is what Utah is currently trying to do.  

I mean, it's always been Ainge's MO that he's going to need to be wowed to move off of his assets.  Kessler may very well be worth two late-ish FRPs, but if he doesn't feel that Utah needs to move him than why move him prematurely?  I don't personally think he's worth more than a late FRP and some change, but Ainge clearly needs to be overwhelmed to move him.

On 7/8/2024 at 10:03 AM, General Tso said:

The 90’s CBA was like the wild west.  Rookies were UFA’s after three years.  C-Webb was the #1 pick in 93’ and became a RFA in 94’.  Imagine Wemby opting out after his rookie year.