Change 1 Event in NFL History

Armbar

40 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

NFL fans decide to pay attention in school just one time.

You act like I care what anyone else says...

On 7/4/2024 at 7:10 PM, MKnight82 said:

With the 24th pick in the 2005 nfl draft the GB packer select QB Jason Campbell. With the 25th pick Washington selects Aaron Rodgers 

On 7/4/2024 at 11:45 PM, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Or, have the Skins take A-Rod ninth overall instead of Carlos Rogers like they should have.

Or Ravens draft Rodgers at 22. They had seen 2 years of Kyle Boller and decided to run it back with him.

Considering how stacked the Ravens were, A-Rod could have won 5 Super Bowls with the Ravens.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2024 at 2:30 PM, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Shanahan decides to punt the ball with a 13-3 lead against the Bills in 2008 with 2:00 left to go in the first half.

Broncos don't give up a TD before halftime, and they beat Buffalo, securing the AFC West title.

They get pounded by Indy in the WC round, but Shanny stays. They go on to win a SB or two with Jay Cutler in a better system, and they avoid the McDaniels-Elway double whammy. The organization is in a better place today without Elway and his FO running things (into the ground).

A better example is what if Dwayne Bowe catches that onside kick in the Week 15 Chargers @ Chiefs game of that year.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Or Ravens draft Rodgers at 22. They had seen 2 years of Kyle Boller and decided to run it back with him.

Considering how stacked the Ravens were, A-Rod could have won 5 Super Bowls with the Ravens.

The Ravens weren't going to draft another Cal Tedford QB right after Boller.

• Like 2

I kind of wouldn't want to change anything in fear of some butterfly effect non-sense leading to it taking Mahomes or Andy Reid away from us or something. Like, obviously anyone who isn't a Pats fan would love to have seen Brady go to a team where he gets buried on the depth chart and never gets a chance to play. But then the Pats dynasty doesn't happen, so we don't hire Scott Pioli to be GM, so he never tries to turn us into Patriots west, so without Matt Cassel and Romeo Crennell and the like, we never bottom out in 2012, so we never hire Andy Reid, and so on.

So I'll stick with our current reality, just to be safe.

6 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Plaxico wears a pair of pants with a reliable waistband in 2008.

Seriously...Gmen were well on their way to a two peat ... were what 11-1 prior to that event? Took alot of Barcardi 101 to forget that season...

• Like 1

Tuck rule game...

Or Carr breaking his leg/ankle

The trajectory those two teams were on was something.  

If I have to pick one.. tuck rule game. 

17 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I kind of wouldn't want to change anything in fear of some butterfly effect non-sense leading to it taking Mahomes or Andy Reid away from us or something. Like, obviously anyone who isn't a Pats fan would love to have seen Brady go to a team where he gets buried on the depth chart and never gets a chance to play. But then the Pats dynasty doesn't happen, so we don't hire Scott Pioli to be GM, so he never tries to turn us into Patriots west, so without Matt Cassel and Romeo Crennell and the like, we never bottom out in 2012, so we never hire Andy Reid, and so on.

So I'll stick with our current reality, just to be safe.

I once heard someone say Tony Mamdarich was the best draft pick GB could've ever made, because he was the reason for sweeping changes in not only the front office (bye, terrible GM Tom Bratz and mediocre HC Lindy Infante, hello Ron Wolf and Mike Holmgren) but also in the power structure, giving in to Wolf's demand of less meddling/oversight from the board of directors.

If GB had gotten Aikman or Barry Sanders, they probably keep the team respectable in 90 and 91, so the  Wolf/Thompson, Favre/Rodgers/Love, Holmgren/McCarthy/LaFleur probably don't play out at all.

• Like 1