Prediction Alert 🚨 : 3 major trades coming by July 17th.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Out of all Ace's predictions, this is the one I would bet on.

Not money, but maybe a Jersey Mike's cheesesteak or something.

I had one of those the other day. I ordered what they call the #99. Damn, it was awesome. 😎 

As far as us trading for him? If Peters wants him here, we can get him. I'm sure Jayden Daniels would like him here. (Didn't Peters draft him?)

We certainly have the resources to make it happen. 

We have draft picks, which will assumed to be high picks considering our rebuilt team. (And rightfully so, I will admit)

We have like 45M in cap space, or something like that.

I don't personally think it's a "need" at the WR position....But if you have a chance to get a top 10 WR for your rookie QB. And you can do it, without giving up your 1st? Well, then you're not doing your job if you don't at least inquire about it.

I do have 1 drawback, however......

Peters,Quinn & staff have been recruiting talented leaders, draftees & FA's. Guys that want to play football. Not diva's so to speak.

Has this Aiyuk/Washington practice plays on tic toc... tweets ...whatever. A sign of what kind of player/character he is?

Or is he just trying to better himself financially & for his future & feels he deserves way more than he's getting as a Niner?

Cause I have no idea about this dude, honestly.

I don't really want to trade for Odell Beckham part deux here, guys.

Having said that.... The dude can play.

Would he be our #2?

Or is he better than Scary Terry?

Naw...nm

That's just blasphemous...lol

Edited by aceinthehouse

On 7/14/2024 at 8:07 PM, candyman93 said:

I’d be calling for Joey Bosa, Khalil Mack or Derwin James, but I’m not sure what the Chargers expectations are.

Colts had 51 sacks last year(5th in NFL); a team record for their time in Indy (not even Freeney and Mathis accomplished that) despite running a defense that rarely blitzes. And they still added Laiatu Latu in the draft. 

With Kenny Moore (NB), Julian Blackmon (SS) and Ronnie Harrison (hybrid LB/S) where would James play? If they added a vet DB it would be FS or outside CB but they are positioning Nick Cross and Rodney Thomas to battle it out at FS and as @HoboRocket said the young CBs are a year older and Dallis Flowers missed most of last year and is healthy again. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I mean Aiyuk to the Raiders ain’t too bad a deal for yall. 

As a said in the news forum, as a niners fan I wouldn't do it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Adams is kinda washed IMO, I'd look at him in the same vein we view DeAndre Hopkins at this point.

I wouldn’t call Adams or Hopkins washed at this point at all. Both haven’t had great QB situations the last couple seasons 

22 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I wouldn’t call Adams or Hopkins washed at this point at all. Both haven’t had great QB situations the last couple seasons 

Maybe "Washed" isn't the best phrasing.

On the decline and no longer elite in anyones eyes.

Well, I've got less than 6 hours to go before I fail. (CT here)

Doesn't look like anything is gonna happen tonight, but who knows?

Either way, I'm still much interested in what, or if anything happens regarding a BA trade.

Kevin Sheehan mentioned something interesting yesterday on his podcast.

That the last 3 or 4 guys the 49ers have had to give contract extensions, too.

Have all been around late July or August, I believe he mentioned.

The earliest signing being a few days from now.

So the 49ers are more than willing to wait this out.

They don't panic...which is a sign of a very strong front office.

So props to the Niners front office!

6 hours ago, Forge said:

As a said in the news forum, as a niners fan I wouldn't do it

I mean Adams on that squad would be legit,  maybe even put you over the top. But that’s an old squad for sure. 

at least trade for assets bare minimum. 

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

That the last 3 or 4 guys the 49ers have had to give contract extensions, too.

Have all been around late July or August, I believe he mentioned.

The earliest signing being a few days from now.

So the 49ers are more than willing to wait this out.

They don't panic...which is a sign of a very strong front office.

So props to the Niners front office!

Don't applaud them for this. There are a lot of things that the 49ers brass deserves kudos for, how they handle the superstar deals isn't one of them. 

Every single time they just end up caving. Kittle - sets new market for tight ends. Warner - sets new market for linebackers. Deebo didn't set any markets, but he got above McLaurin, same as DK, slightly less than Brown. 49ers didn't win anything there, that's about how it should have played out. Bosa set the market for non QBs. 

And while these deals haven't hurt long term, short term for the upcoming season hasn't been great. 

Kittle signed in 2020. Promptly missed half the season (career high in games missed).  Only season since 2018 where he wasn't a pro bowler and one of only two seasons he wasn't an all pro. 

Warner signed July of 2021. That season is the only year in the last 4 where he hasn't been a pro bowler or all pro. 

Deebo signed July 31 / August 1 of 2022. He came into camp out of shape. Missed 4 games,  had only 860 scrimmage yards in 13 games. Set career lows in yards per reception, yards per carry when he had over 10 carries in a year. Career low in yards per touch. Adot when from 8 yards to 4 and his yards after catch somehow still managed to go down. Broken tackle rate dropped by nearly 20%. 

Bosa signed Sept 2023. His season was largely fine, but it was his worst season since his rookie year. He came on in the playoffs, but during the season had only 10.5 sacks (2 of which he was unblocked due to blown assignments - NYG and CLE, I believe). It was like he was just a half a second off. Still very good, just didn't have the production.