49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk has officially requested for a trade

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I was referring to if Aiyuk sits out with an ‘injury’ this year.  I have a feeling that teams won’t be throwing the cash at Aiyuk that he expects if that occurs.  

Didn't stop Kenny golladay from getting the bag, tbh

31 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If you want to blame the system, that’s fine, but Aiyuk signed up for it.  

So did Brock Purdy. Would absolutely love to hear you try and justify this BS excuse/approach after this season if He and SF has another season like the past few and they say the same thing to him in 2025? 👌

4 hours ago, StatKing said:

Don't know how you can fault a guy for trying to get every penny he can when he's in a business that treats people like human livestock.

Except I think his take was a bit more nuanced than that.  If Aiyuk was just trying to get the bag, I don't think anyone's faulting him.  But trying to get the bag and get it from a team that's in a current championship window is more than just trying to get the bag.  And when he's then also been hyper-productive but done so within a system that is pretty well tailored to his particular skillset and on a team so stacked with weapons that he doesn't have to be a weekly crutch to be leaned on, that's starting to look like overplaying what leverage you do have.

Also, I'm not saying this is definitely the case with Aiyuk, but optics are optics and this very well could be the perception potential destinations for him are arriving at: By being so nitpicky and demanding (in terms of amount of req's as opposed to $ amount), he's not portraying himself as someone a team can be confident that he'll be willing to move around his pay schedule in order to help any acquiring team out when cap becomes tight, as almost ever skill position player who gets the bag and doesn't bust on that contract ends up doing.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Didn't stop Kenny golladay from getting the bag, tbh

Again, nuance is important though.  Kenny Golladay benefitted A TON from franchise tags seriously diluting the "perceived WR1" free agent pool the year he was freed up to enter it.  KG isn't really an appropriate comparison.  Granted, we haven't seen what the tags that will be issued in 2025 will be, but Tee Higgins looks like he almost definitely will be on that market, as may well be a number of older-but-at-least-proven WR1's (Amari Cooper, Keenan Allen, Stefon Diggs, Diontae Johnson) and that's not even addressing what happens if Dallas craps the bed with not getting CeeDee's deal done this year.

8 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Again, nuance is important though.  Kenny Golladay benefitted A TON from franchise tags seriously diluting the "perceived WR1" free agent pool the year he was freed up to enter it.  KG isn't really an appropriate comparison.  Granted, we haven't seen what the tags that will be issued in 2025 will be, but Tee Higgins looks like he almost definitely will be on that market, as may well be a number of older-but-at-least-proven WR1's (Amari Cooper, Keenan Allen, Stefon Diggs, Diontae Johnson) and that's not even addressing what happens if Dallas craps the bed with not getting CeeDee's deal done this year.

Talent gets paid. Generally you're not a one and done unforgiveable and there are going to be enough people out there who completely understand the situation and what is going on. Like, do I think Antonio Pierce gives two craps about what is going on in SF with regards to aiyuk when he knows him personally? Adam Peters? I feel pretty comfortable saying that Aiyuk would get paid even if he ended up pulling out on the niners like that. 

Golladay is really the only comparison because others who have faked injuries (Jalen Ramsey) or slow rolled recoveries (Lamar) are just not comparable in terms of talent (both) or position (Lamar). This doesn't happen enough to have great comps, tbh. Laveon Bell sat out the whole year on being tagged and still got the bag as well and was known as a bit of a headcase already

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

All this drama and he's going to re-sign 

I enjoyed the fantasy dip. Think of it like a stock. He dipped to the 3rd for the past 7 days, now he’ll go back up to the 2nd. Big tournaments who got Aiyuk in the 3rd is gonna be huge. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So did Brock Purdy. Would absolutely love to hear you try and justify this BS excuse/approach after this season if He and SF has another season like the past few and they say the same thing to him in 2025? 👌

My comment would be the same.  You are under contract, and signed up for this knowing all of the possibilities  I have zero sympathy for the players who are going to see more money than I ever will.  

Do I hope that they can pull as much money as they can from billionaire owners?  Sure, I absolutely want that for those guys.  But I’m not going to carry the water for either party.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Forge said:

Talent gets paid. Generally you're not a one and done unforgiveable and there are going to be enough people out there who completely understand the situation and what is going on. Like, do I think Antonio Pierce gives two craps about what is going on in SF with regards to aiyuk when he knows him personally? Adam Peters? I feel pretty comfortable saying that Aiyuk would get paid even if he ended up pulling out on the niners like that. 

Golladay is really the only comparison because others who have faked injuries (Jalen Ramsey) or slow rolled recoveries (Lamar) are just not comparable in terms of talent (both) or position (Lamar). This doesn't happen enough to have great comps, tbh. Laveon Bell sat out the whole year on being tagged and still got the bag as well and was known as a bit of a headcase already

Oh, I think he still gets paid, but I think that it’s reasonable to expect that teams are going to grill him on that process, knowing that the chances are high it happens to them again in a couple years.  Or, at least you hope he has the production to merit that.  It’s also highly likely that some teams are going to ding their offer to him, but I think it was you that said, it only takes one, so we will have to see if it makes it that far.  

Are we sure Raiders aren't in on this? Like Davante Adams for Brandon Aiyuk seems to be the easiest solution. Davante goes home to Palo Alto, gets to be be Jerry Rice 2.0 bringing the 49ers back to hoisting championships or whatever, and Aiyuk returns to Antonio Pierce. I'd think Kyle would want someone experienced in his system as even someone as talented as Aiyuk took a hot minute to learn the playbook, get up to speed and out of the dog house. A future first or whatever when the window is right now seems like a loss for the 49ers and probably why they've declined everything so far.

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

My comment would be the same.  You are under contract, and signed up for this knowing all of the possibilities  I have zero sympathy for the players who are going to see more money than I ever will.  

Do I hope that they can pull as much money as they can from billionaire owners?  Sure, I absolutely want that for those guys.  But I’m not going to carry the water for either party.  

This mentality is very one sided. When teams cut players, did they not agree to the initial contract? Why do we not see people getting on the team about backing out of the contract?

3 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

This mentality is very one sided. When teams cut players, did they not agree to the initial contract? Why do we not see people getting on the team about backing out of the contract?

Players going in know that’s part of the deal as well

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I guess they can say they let him test the market and he can say he won the negotiation but gets to stay where he always wanted to be. For the 9ers, they can have a young talented WR locked up and once the games begin to be played in anger this will fade but Lynch and Co. could have handled this much better. We’ll see if they get it done and at what terms.