49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk has officially requested for a trade

RaidersAreOne

On 8/26/2024 at 10:53 AM, HerbertGOAT said:

Overrating McLaurin a bit. I like the guy, but he's about to be 29, is less explosive, and Aiyuk keeps getting better every year. I get the QB thing, but even still, the age gap matters if we're talking about who we're gonna take going forward.

Isn't McLaurin a better athlete than Aiyuk?

If it’s two third round picks, which basically meant we traded a third and Jahan Dotson, for Aiyuk, I’m all for it.  if it’s involving a first rounder, I’m out on it and I’ll just wait for him or someone else in free agency.  If I am Adam Peters and I am following the Lions blueprint, there is no way I can justify giving up the first AND at least $28m in cap space for one player.  It’s not smart asset management at this stage.  

27 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If it’s two third round picks, which basically meant we traded a third and Jahan Dotson, for Aiyuk, I’m all for it.  if it’s involving a first rounder, I’m out on it and I’ll just wait for him or someone else in free agency.  If I am Adam Peters and I am following the Lions blueprint, there is no way I can justify giving up the first AND at least $28m in cap space for one player.  It’s not smart asset management at this stage.  

Why are you suggesting they/Peters is following the Lions blue print? 

Is WTF paying a QB (Goff) $50M?

Are they not paying WR (ASB) 30M?

Wierd choice or example?

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why are you suggesting they/Peters is following the Lions blue print? 

Is WTF paying a QB (Goff) $50M?

Are they not paying WR (ASB) 30M?

Wierd choice or example?

It’s more of planning to compete in the third season.  How they got there is different, but I’m not mortgaging multiple assets (a high pick and cap space) for a 26 year old WR who will be 29 when that window is finally here, and likely begging for a new contract by that point.  

I’ll take him in the off-season for market price, or a third and what amounts to Jahan Dotson, but that’s it. 

10 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It’s more of planning to compete in the third season.  How they got there is different, but I’m not mortgaging multiple assets (a high pick and cap space) for a 26 year old WR who will be 29 when that window is finally here, and likely begging for a new contract by that point.  

I’ll take him in the off-season for market price, or a third and what amounts to Jahan Dotson, but that’s it. 

You're not getting him for two thirds so it seems like a bit of a strawman.

3 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

You're not getting him for two thirds so it seems like a bit of a strawman.

Yup basically this. You do a Jerry Jeudy sort of trade for a 5th and 6th rounder just to be rid of the headache as other teams know you have zero leverage.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

Yup basically this. You do a Jerry Jeudy sort of trade for a 5th and 6th rounder just to be rid of the headache as other teams know you have zero leverage.

😍

Spoiler

Not for the trade idea but the trolling. You're an up-and-coming star .

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, squire12 said:

SF looking at facing a NYJ defense/team in week 1 with Trent Williams and Brandon Aiyuk either not playing or with 1 week of practice reps is an interesting situation.  

Not sure they were going to win with them anyway, so it's not a drastic shift for me. It's the next like 5 weeks or whatever it is. They have to go like 5-0 in those ones

The Aiyuk stuff I can wrap my head around, but they’re playing a dangerous game doing this with WR1 + Trent Williams. 

Pretty rocky history of guys holding  for all/most of camp, then returning to action with a new deal.