49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk has officially requested for a trade

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Soko said:

The Aiyuk stuff I can wrap my head around, but they’re playing a dangerous game doing this with WR1 + Trent Williams. 

Pretty rocky history of guys holding  for all/most of camp, then returning to action with a new deal.

I am just surprised they haven't learned from the past.  In each case, they paid top dollar, so why are they delaying?  It only hurts them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Soko said:

The Aiyuk stuff I can wrap my head around, but they’re playing a dangerous game doing this with WR1 + Trent Williams. 

Pretty rocky history of guys holding  for all/most of camp, then returning to action with a new deal.

Pretty sure at no point going into the season did that FO think Trent Williams was going to be Trent Williams again. 

Him pulling this crap wasn't expected. However Trent being Trent knows if he doesn't get a pay increase right now as SB favorites, he's not getting it after the Purdy extension. 

Mind you Trent set the market as the highest paid OT in the league a few years ago. Just because you didn't realize the cap was going to explode, shouldn't negate the other 3 years of the contract the 49ers have structured accordingly to sign other players.

Trent is why Aiyuk isn't signed already. 

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/trent-williams-contract-holdout-steve-young/1774569/

Bill Polian's take Tuesday on NFL Radio was even better. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Pretty sure at no point going into the season did that FO think Trent Williams was going to be Trent Williams again. 

Him pulling this crap wasn't expected. However Trent being Trent knows if he doesn't get a pay increase right now as SB favorites, he's not getting it after the Purdy extension. 

Mind you Trent set the market as the highest paid OT in the league a few years ago. Just because you didn't realize the cap was going to explode, shouldn't negate the other 3 years of the contract the 49ers have structured accordingly to sign other players.

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/trent-williams-contract-holdout-steve-young/1774569/

Sidenote: I couldn’t possibly care less about anything Bill Polian has to say, lol. Dude has been senile for over a decade.

Doubt Trent falls off a cliff all of a sudden. 

• Like 1

Lots of drama this season regarding players for Cowboys, 49ers & Cincy.

One can't help but wonder how this will affect their season.

Chiefs & Ravens are exactly a week away.

As far as BA?

I'll be more shocked if he re-signs with Niners, instead of being traded.

I think the Niners brass, is losing patience with him.

41 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Lots of drama this season regarding players for Cowboys, 49ers & Cincy.

One can't help but wonder how this will affect their season.

Chiefs & Ravens are exactly a week away.

As far as BA?

Ace reveling in it

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

As far as BA?

After the pressers yesterday, they are definitely at the end of their rope with him. Before those, I thought there was no real shot he was getting traded.

They are basically telling him to **** or get off the pot. There have been multiple reports for months that Aiyuk can't decide on what he actually wants. 

He could definitely be a Steeler fairly soon, and I think they are going to get him at a really good price trade value wise

I don't know exactly know what they're referring to in this *new* video.  But I thought it was pretty funny. Maybe you guys will enjoy it, too?

It kinda relates to BA & others wanting to get paid. But I couldn't help but laugh. It definitely lightens the mood. Hope you enjoy. It's only 40 sec.

1 hour ago, Soko said:

Sidenote: I couldn’t possibly care less about anything Bill Polian has to say, lol. Dude has been senile for over a decade.

Doubt Trent falls off a cliff all of a sudden. 

Yeah HOF GM/Executive's like him with 32 yrs of NFL expirence have no possible insight into player contracts, negotiations, what teams can and can't do within the confines of a NFL salary cap. 

You're right. I'm sure even if he was senile,  he still knows more right now regarding the ins and outs then you or I.

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yeah HOF GM/Executive's like him with 32 yrs of NFL expirence have no possible insight into player contracts, negotiations, what teams can and can't do within the confines of a NFL salary cap. 

You're right. I'm sure even if he was senile,  he still knows more regarding the ins and outs then you or I.

Some of the most accomplished players, coaches, executives, owners, have said the most dumbest things. Funny how that works. Miss me with the appeal to authority, Polian routinely spouts off nonsense (not necessarily about this situation, because again, I didn’t even look). 

To be clear, I’m not even commenting on your take on this situation. Just reminding the world that Polian’s a dope.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

49ers opened that door when CMC held out and they gave him a new deal + extension with multiple years left on his deal. Weird that nobody ever cares about that. 

The 49ers absolutely should have expected this when the new deals started coming in. Especially when there were whispers that he wanted a new deal like 3-4 months ago. 

I doubt that Trent has anything to do with Aiyuk. They have money to take care of both if they want and there's too much back and forth with Aiyuk to really believe that Trent has anything to do with it. The niners have reportedly moved up to 30 million and now the Kyle and John are clearly exasperated and putting it back on Aiyuk to decide on what he wants. 

I am on SF side on Williams but Aiyuk's side with his deal.

I remain of the belief that the only players I'll support holding out are those on Rookie/RFA/Tag contracts. If you decided to sign a deal in FA then you should play it out. You wanted long term, then you know you'll be underpaid at the end. That is what you signed up for. But when there is restrictions on you negotiating ability you don't have that choice, so fighting to get what your worth makes sense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

I am on SF side on Williams but Aiyuk's side with his deal.

I remain of the belief that the only players I'll support holding out are those on Rookie/RFA/Tag contracts. If you decided to sign a deal in FA then you should play it out. You wanted long term, then you know you'll be underpaid at the end. That is what you signed up for. But when there is restrictions on you negotiating ability you don't have that choice, so fighting to get what your worth makes sense.

As a fan, I'd rather sign them long term and have them hold out rather than to give them short term, guaranteed deals and have to compete with market. It's basically just a team option.

I don't care if guys hold out or not. I support them doing whatever they feel is right for them and their family. They owe me nothing, so by all means just go get your bag lol

• Like 1