49ers Training camp 2024

Do we really know what Trent wants besides a lot of money? I haven’t heard specifics. But I know he got a contract that he willingly signed and he’s only half way through it. So he should be playing right now. This isn’t on the Niners. You don’t say you want a do over when you’re half way through. Get your butt back with your teammates. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, straighthate said:

Do we really know what Trent wants besides a lot of money? I haven’t heard specifics. But I know he got a contract that he willingly signed and he’s only half way through it. So he should be playing right now. This isn’t on the Niners. You don’t say you want a do over when you’re half way through. Get your butt back with your teammates. 

Probably just that. Wants one last bag before he retires. Especially when the entire football universe knows the 49ers OL is expansion level just with his absence alone.

4 hours ago, straighthate said:

That went out the window when the team did what it did for CMC this offseason. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, straighthate said:

The last two years of his contract have zero guaranteed dollars.  Based on the structure of the contract I think this is a reasonable time to negotiate for more guaranteed dollars and a couple bucks more than Wirfs.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, straighthate said:

I appreciate this post because it's nothing but straight hate 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, straighthate said:

As far as I know, he just wants more money (top of market) and probably guarantees for this year and I'd assume next year? 

I got nothing but respect for a man that knows his worth and understands his leverage lol. Now was the time to strike, he played it well. There were whispers he wanted this corrected months ago and when the niners adjusted CMC, they really gave up a lot more than just new money / Extension to cmc.

I would have thought the niners could have handled the Trent thing faster....I'm honestly not sure why it's taking so long (they are absolutely going to crack to him), but I don't really associate "blame" in the Trent situation to anyone. Just one of those things that was going to happen. Process could have been a little cleaner and more timely, but also wouldn't surprise me if Trent wanted to avoid camp as well and that is a reason for the delay lol. 

12 hours ago, straighthate said:

Pretty sure it's most likely just guaranteed money. All of his original guarantees vested by last April and now it's all non-guaranteed. 

57 minutes ago, Forge said:

wouldn't surprise me if Trent wanted to avoid camp as well and that is a reason for the delay lol. 

Ive seen this floated around a few times. It does make sense, but I would have rather he just said it and we excused him. 

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

Pretty sure it's most likely just guaranteed money. All of his original guarantees vested by last April and now it's all non-guaranteed. 

He wants a pay increase + substantially more guaranteed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Always has been a very talented runner. There is NO reason for Kyle to overuse CMC this season. You have a damn good RB2 and he should get his fair share of touches. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Always has been a very talented runner. There is NO reason for Kyle to overuse CMC this season. You have a damn good RB2 and he should get his fair share of touches. 

Kyle is gonna run the starters into the ground. I've heard this story before.

Edited by typecast
  • Like 1

I was checking the 49ers.com roster, noticed only Kalia Davis/Jon Feliciano/Ambry Thomas/Elijah Mitchell on our IR. I could have sworn we had a bunch more, I wonder if we waived/injured those guys & gave them injury settlements?

I think we can only bring back 2 players from IR to the 53? I'd have guessed Davis/Feliciano, but we kept Ambry on the 53 and then IR'ed him, so it seems like we have plans to bring Ambry back for sure. 

A little surprised that Pressley Harvin is still a FA. He had a strong preseason for us. 

I wonder who gets cut when we bring Trent back. Maybe Ronnie Bell? 

Still a little cheesed we lost Jarrett Kingston to the Panthers, should have kept him over Nick Zakelj

If i had to guess our 7 inactives on week 1 from our current 53 - Allen, Tonges, Bell, Pearsall, Bartch, Bethune, Luter

Edited by 49ersfan

4 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

I was checking the 49ers.com roster, noticed only Kalia Davis/Jon Feliciano/Ambry Thomas/Elijah Mitchell on our IR. I could have sworn we had a bunch more, I wonder if we waived/injured those guys & gave them injury settlements?

IR - Feliciano, Thomas, Davis, Mitchell

Reserve/PUP - Greenlaw, Jackson

Reserve/DNR - Williams

Questionable - Guerendo, Hufanga, Pearsall, Winters, Gross-Matos, Floyd, Burford, Jennings, Banks, CMC, Warner

Injury Settlements - Malik Turner, Pat Elflein, Terique Owens, Taylor Hawkins, Frank Darby, Austin Bryant

Questionable & cut - Trent Taylor, Danny Gray, Nick Williams

4 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

I think we can only bring back 2 players from IR to the 53? I'd have guessed Davis/Feliciano, but we kept Ambry on the 53 and then IR'ed him, so it seems like we have plans to bring Ambry back for sure. 

Teams can bring 8 players from IR to the 53-man roster. A player can only be moved from IR to the 53-man roster twice, with each return counting against the 8-player allotment. Once the playoffs start, the 8-player allotment increases to 10.

Up to roster cut-down day, a team can place 2 players directly on IR with a designation to return during the season. They don't have to go through the roster gymnastics of first being named to the 53-man roster before being IR'd.

Edited by typecast
  • Like 1