Kenny Clark signs 3 year extension

Leader

9 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Kenny Clark is still younger than Brandon Weeden was on the night the latter got drafted.

Cleveland had two frp's in the 2012 draft. Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden, LOL

11 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Anybody have the lowdown on this deal? I would think it will lower his cap number this year. 

Hasn't been announced, but can't imagine there's a ton of savings here.

13 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Hot take: Kenny Clark the best IDL I have seen in Green Bay. Anyone got one better? Whom the contenders?

Gilbert Brown: The Gravedigger

Gilbert gets bonus points because we grabbed him off waivers from the Vikings and turned him into a complete stud. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

BJ Raji peak may be higher. Shame he retired so early

I think he got tired of playing. I think he made his money got a ring and said, **** it! Certainly, can't hate him for that. 

Edited by Old Guy

So based on the numbers, it looks like Clark will be a Packer through 2025, but it starts getting dicey after that.  GB will shave 14M+ from 2026 the cap by releasing him in the 2025/26 off-season when he turns 30.  Kind of expecting a renegotiated deal at that point.

10 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

So based on the numbers, it looks like Clark will be a Packer through 2025, but it starts getting dicey after that.  GB will shave 14M+ from 2026 the cap by releasing him in the 2025/26 off-season when he turns 30.  Kind of expecting a renegotiated deal at that point.

Just depends on productivity and depth at the position. 

On 7/25/2024 at 4:24 PM, Old Guy said:

Gilbert Brown: The Gravedigger

Gilbert gets bonus points because we grabbed him off waivers from the Vikings and turned him into a complete stud. 

This guy was the reason why I ended up with the Packers as my favorite team from overseas. He's my all-time hero. Keep rocking the show, Gravedigger (or Boandlkramer, as we Bavarians name them. Boandlkramer translates to a family-owned business that is selling bones :D ).

Edited by Gravedigger93
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gravedigger93 said:

This guy was the reason why I ended up with the Packers as my favorite team from overseas. He's my all-time hero. Keep rocking the show, Gravedigger (or Boandlkramer, as we Bavarians name them. Boandlkramer translates to a family-owned business that is selling bones :D ).

I’ve met him a few times as he was a  coach for a friend’s team, the Green Bay Chill.  This was a women’s football league and although they had to fight to be taken seriously, there were some real athletes on that team including my friend. From my very limited experience and stories from her teammates he was a very genuine and respectful guy. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2024 at 10:53 AM, Brat&Beer said:

GTV-rN-W0AAx58M?format=jpg&name=medium

Really hard to hate this deal.  I believe he gets a bit of a pay bump this year both in terms of the base salary and the signing bonus and the Packers get the 2025 season for relatively cheap.  Those roster bonuses are certainly interesting.  They've can save over $14M if they release him after the 2025 season.

On 7/25/2024 at 4:33 PM, Mdpackfan22 said:

BJ Raji peak may be higher. Shame he retired so early

Raji was just on better teams and a higher draft slot.

Clark is the much better player IMO.  Much more versatile player than Raji who was just a big guy.

43 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Raji was just on better teams and a higher draft slot.

Clark is the much better player IMO.  Much more versatile player than Raji who was just a big guy.

Clark needs to come up with a better dance move than the Raji Shimmy-Shake though. That will put him over the top!