Raider Training Camp 2024

8 hours ago, Totty said:

Purgatory is the word I used to describe DC leaving and trying to have people understand that replacing someone just to replace them isn't a viable solution unless you have a better scenario right in front of you.  We didn't. This isn't a DC conversion though.  

I have a surging feeling Dak Prescott is absolutely in play in the off season. He's one of the better QBs in the league, but it's going to be 60-65 million annually. I believe you're right when it comes to roster and the win/loss column.  Good roster without the QB to support it.  Mark isn't going to want to waste an aging Adams.  Or Maxx and Wilk in their primes.  

I see him shelling out those millions in that Vegas money via bonus checks in order to keep the roster in place and lure Dak to the silver and black.  

That's the logical (ish) thing to do here.  Keep stacking the roster in the draft and spend the dough.  

First I dont think Dallas will let Dak walk with zero plan in place.  That is foolish beyond belief and only something the Raiders would do lol I also don't think Dak is worth anywhere near 60M per season.  If Dak can't win in the playoffs with the Cowboys roster he certainly can't with our far inferior supporting cast. 

Adams is a complete waste on this team as it currently stands and will never win **** here.  That is why I was all for moving him this offseason. 

We need to draft a QB and pray he is a stud.  That is the only answer as we have nothing else in place except two below average QB's on the roster.  No more castoffs, we need to draft a young stud if we stand any chance long term.  if not it will be purgatory with castoff bums like Minchew for years to come....

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

First I dont think Dallas will let Dak walk with zero plan in place.  That is foolish beyond belief and only something the Raiders would do lol I also don't think Dak is worth anywhere near 60M per season.  If Dak can't win in the playoffs with the Cowboys roster he certainly can't with our far inferior supporting cast. 

Adams is a complete waste on this team as it currently stands and will never win **** here.  That is why I was all for moving him this offseason. 

We need to draft a QB and pray he is a stud.  That is the only answer as we have nothing else in place except two below average QB's on the roster.  No more castoffs, we need to draft a young stud if we stand any chance long term.  if not it will be purgatory with castoff bums like Minchew for years to come....

Draft (mid round by the way) and pray.  

Got it.  

1 hour ago, Totty said:

Draft (mid round by the way) and pray.  

Got it.  

Drafting a QB is almost always a prayer.  Of the 5 Qb's drafted in the top 10 of this years draft a very likely outcome will be one very good to great QB, a good Qb and three busts.  If McCarthy turns out to be a good QB he was in striking distance for us to trade up in the draft and not give up much.  

Praying for castoffs and paying them a ton of money like you suggest is not smart which goes back to my point that if Dak can't win **** in the playoffs with a far superior roster what do you expect him to do on a team with below average overall talent?

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

13 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Should have given a low draft pick for the Bears former QB, he had been ascending, tho slowly, but would have taken a chance that the bulb turns on and let him compete here.

For what the Steelers gave up, I'd have been all over that. At least he's athletic and can bring something in that regard. 

• Like 1

Winning 8-10 with this QB situation and possibly making the last wild card spot would be a massive win for this team. Especially for AP as a coach. 

The 2025 draft were probably gonna see the first 4 picks not be a QB tbh cause of the talent that is there defensively and cause who could be picking there. Raiders have their draft picks so it’s just about moving up if they do finish with a pick around 15-20. 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

For what the Steelers gave up, I'd have been all over that. At least he's athletic and can bring something in that regard. 

Fields is a bum.  It's quite obvious he can't grasp playing the QB position and any HC/OC would have to severely water down the playbook when he is on the field which no HC/OC wants to do.  That is why all he fetched was 6th rounder.  

What cracks me up is that guys have blinders on for speed at the QB and completely throw out the window that he actually sucks at playing QB.  It's laughable. 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Winning 8-10 with this QB situation and possibly making the last wild card spot would be a massive win for this team. Especially for AP as a coach. 

The 2025 draft were probably gonna see the first 4 picks not be a QB tbh cause of the talent that is there defensively and cause who could be picking there. Raiders have their draft picks so it’s just about moving up if they do finish with a pick around 15-20. 

They're winning 4-7 games at most

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Seeing Minshew/AOC struggle when we could've traded a 4th to move up for JJMC who is balling out just shows how incomptent Mark Davis / Tom Telesco / AP truly are. 

I'm not paying too much attention to training camp chatter but like I said we had a chance to move up for him and not mortgage the future.  If he turns out to be a good NFL QB our front office will have some explaining to do considering how much of a need Qb is for this franchise.  

JJ should sit for nearly a full season as he is quite raw but as I have said the potential is sure there for him to be a good NFL QB. 

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Fields is a bum.  It's quite obvious he can't grasp playing the QB position and any HC/OC would have to severely water down the playbook when he is on the field which no HC/OC wants to do.  That is why all he fetched was 6th rounder.  

What cracks me up is that guys have blinders on for speed at the QB and completely throw out the window that he actually sucks at playing QB.  It's laughable. 

Yeah, the Steelers said they brought him to Pittsburgh to be a football player. That’s not a good sign.

18 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Like Tua!

7 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Like Tua!

Paying Tua 50M per year with 167M guaranteed is beyond foolish.  Tua is exactly the player I have said he was from day one and have been getting lambasted for it.  If you were to ask me who the better QB is between Dak and Tua, it's Dak and it's not that close. 

Tua only looks serviceable because of superior play calling by a very good HC,  supported by a great run game, playing behind an underrated D, having the best WR in football and quite possibly the best #2 as well.  Both of those guys can take Tua's ducks to the house at any moment.  

Put Tua on the panthers and he is a complete bum.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

19 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The thing about Dak is that even if our team got even better we know that the farthest he's ever going to go is the first game of the playoffs because he's already shown that with arguably the most talented team in the NFL