Raider Training Camp 2024

32 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Thats why im not panicking over the offense. They are still installing an offense 

Unless they install a new QB with it, it's not going to matter. 

The offense is a race car with bad tires right now. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Strong defenses and solid run games does wonders for mid QBs, don’t need them be All Pros, just don’t muck it up. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Geezy said:

Strong defenses and solid run games does wonders for mid QBs, don’t need them be All Pros, just don’t muck it up. 

That’s definitely going to be the game plan. Be interesting to see how we look in pre season games to see if it’s the defense that’s too good or whether the offense is really struggling.

In fairness, new scheme, new QB, Miller, JPJ & DA missing, going against a top D I think we all expect the offense to be behind the defense at this stage. 

Edited by Dessie
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Geezy said:

Agree, but these are not mid QBs. Carr was a mid QB. These guys are bottom of the league starters, career backups. 

• Like 3

Hi Raiders fans, How have Bowers and JPJ been? 

I really liked this duo of picks for you guys back during the draft - I can see both guys developing into top 10 players at their positions & making your future franchise QBs life a lot easier.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, viking said:

Hi Raiders fans, How have Bowers and JPJ been? 

I really liked this duo of picks for you guys back during the draft - I can see both guys developing into top 10 players at their positions & making your future franchise QBs life a lot easier.

Bowers is as advertised. Only thing that will stop him from big rookie debut is the QBs or lack of. 

JPJ has been on the PUP list and hasn't practiced unfortunately. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1

AOC needed to shine and outplay Minshew to start. AOC hasn’t been getting the rave reviews. I feel like this year is going be like last year. Minshew starts and the offense might struggle and then AOC will be the fan favorite to take over. 

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Agree, but these are not mid QBs. Carr was a mid QB. These guys are bottom of the league starters, career backups. 

In fairness, Minshew was around league average in QBR last year. I think he can have a poor man's gannon resurgence on a team loaded with weapons. He is smart, can evade pressure and run, plus play point guard in this offense. He won't be able to make those huge throws down the field but can do a lot of other things. AOC is a very good draft pick for a 4th rounder at the QB position, but fundamentally lacks the physical skills to be a plus starter in the league. His arm/mobility just aren't there.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I’m pretty sure they’re installing a Mack truck on offense the Raiders are not going to out finesse anybody. A double tight end offense with a power rushing attack takes a lot of pressure off a QB.

• Like 1