Cowboys WR CeeDee Lamb to holdout in hopes of getting new deal

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's weird to me to give a guy who definitely isn't better than JJ a bigger deal in the same off season. But that's just me. 

how much of a difference is there between Lamb and Jefferson?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Lamb skipped all off season workouts. 

He's still working out, which always carries the risk he has a bad lift or turn on a drill and gets hurt.

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Mostly depends on how hard he is dug in on that requirement to be the highest paid guy. I'm assuming it's a legit ask. "Next man up" contracts are in part higher than previous ones because they aren't being signed in the same cap year and there's cap inflation to acknowledge. Brandon Aiyuk looking for 29-30 million is basically the exact same as the contract Deebo signed 2 years ago (11.3% - 11.75%  compared to Deebo's 11.45%, I believe). 

It's weird to me to give a guy who definitely isn't better than JJ a bigger deal in the same off season. But that's just me. We do see it a little in the QB market, so maybe teams will really be incorporating that across the board

I think we see it here in part because the Cowboys have waited so long to get this done.

At the very least, I think his agent is smart to push it at the beginning.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I agree with where you're going, but to put it a different way, people get paid based on how replaceable they are, not how good they are.

That's why the top X guys all get paid the same even if they aren't all as good. Teams don't let #elite WRs, EDGE, or QBs get to FA or drop out of the top picks, so they all end up getting paid like they are completely irreplaceable because to each team they are completely irreplaceable.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

Just now, squire12 said:

enough that I feel comfortable saying JJ is the better player. 

If you're going to give out a bigger contract to the second best guy in the same year that the best guy signed his contract, I think you lost your negotiation. 

If this happened next year and Lamb became the highest paid WR, I'd not think twice about it. Maybe semantics since you have the same result in the end and it's not really about winning or losing the negotiation. 

Just didn't think that CeeDee had a ton to stand on to justify being the highest paid receiver the same year JJ signed his deal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steelersfan43 said:

@Nabbs4u is Stephen Jones confirmed. 

This explains why they haven't won anything. Nabbs clearly taking them down as a double agent from within for his Eagles. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

enough that I feel comfortable saying JJ is the better player. 

If you're going to give out a bigger contract to the second best guy in the same year that the best guy signed his contract, I think you lost your negotiation. 

If this happened next year and Lamb became the highest paid WR, I'd not think twice about it. Maybe semantics since you have the same result in the end and it's not really about winning or losing the negotiation. 

Just didn't think that CeeDee had a ton to stand on to justify being the highest paid receiver the same year JJ signed his deal. 

I think if you look at the best season for each, there is not much separation between them.

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think if you look at the best season for each, there is not much separation between them.

Seems like a flawed methodology, but to each their own.

1 hour ago, Steelersfan43 said:

I mean, he’s not wrong, but has any other FO member been out there publicly talking about contract negotiations like this? 

Kinda don’t blame them for playing hard ball if this is how Dallas is gonna act.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Soko said:

I mean, he’s not wrong, but has any other FO member been out there publicly talking about contract negotiations like this? 

Kinda don’t blame them for playing hard ball if this is how Dallas is gonna act.

The Cowboys are the only team who negotiate with the media during the contract negotiations!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steelersfan43 said:

The Cowboys are the only team who negotiate with the media during the contract negotiations!

It's amazing how GD stupid they are? ZERO DOUBT the Jones's are only concerned with the bottom dollar. 

*sigh*

He was my guy coming out of the draft and I was hoping he'd unite with Baker. I also wanted Mark Andrews for the Browns with their third round pick that year Andrews came out--what could have been...

Edited by NudeTayne