How Are Those Rookies Doing?

Chiefer

9 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Joe Alt was unreal. He destroyed Maxx and ragged dolled him like he was child. Only one pressure all game. This is why I wouldn’t put Max in the top 10 as defensive player. Just no good. But Joe Alt looks to be the next great T. 

How did people doubt him?

6 hours ago, Daniel said:

How did people doubt him?

People want explosive shiny WRs who impact the game on maybe 300 snaps a year (Not that they don't draw double coverages etc etc but their impact is minimal compared to OTs) vs. Joe Alt Delete who if he stays healthy looks like the next Joe Thomas.....at RT.....chargers set for the next decade at OT.

15 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Joe Alt was unreal. He destroyed Maxx and ragged dolled him like he was child. Only one pressure all game. This is why I wouldn’t put Max in the top 10 as defensive player. Just no good. But Joe Alt looks to be the next great T. 

Dude that replay, might as well be highlight, clip you posted was honestly shocking. What the actual *** to kill Maxx like that was insane...especially to a Broncos fan who's been watching Maxx accost our QBs for his entire time in the league. Love the direction the Chargers are going right now even though I want them to lose  😛

6 minutes ago, Xmad said:

Joe Alt Delete

To the rest of your post, I was more specifically talking about the people who thought there were problems with him as an OT prospect, but mostly I want to highlight this, and say that if this nickname doesn't stick, then there is no justice in the world.

• Like 8

Kamari Lassiter was impressive in his debut.  3 targets, 1 catch, 8 yards, 42.4 pass rating.  Only bad thing he had was a penalty. 

Calen Bullock picked off Anthony Richardson and had the highest graded rookie rating by PFF last week. 

Every other rookie drafted did not play. 

Edited by Texansfan713

22 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Everyone else said it was Slater owning Crosby.....

10 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Maxx had a sack fwiw and multiple TFLs iirc. 

Thrown around like a child? Lol. 

Was that sack or that TFL (ESPN credits him with just 1) against Slater though?

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

WR Ja’Lynn Polk

Relatively quiet debut as a rotational option. 35 of 65 snaps (54%) and saw one pass come his way. Mostly run blocking all day 

OT/TE Caedan Wallace

Was used as a sixth offensive lineman both on the left and right end of the line of scrimmage, he was on the field for 18 snaps (28%). We ran the ball on 17 of those plays that included two of the three longest rushes of the day.

RG Layden Robinson

Whoah, beast. He ended up playing all 65 snaps at right guard, and was instrumental in the success on the ground. His pass protection was uneven — he was credited with two hits and three hurries surrendered — but his first game was still a promising start.

Bell and Dial just ST

On 9/9/2024 at 4:41 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Brock Bowers deserves so much better than Minshew. He led the team in targets (Yes over Adams) and was getting open all day. He posted 6 for 58 yards but could have had wayyy more. He was wide open on a wheel route for a walk in TD and other plays underneath, but Minshew couldn't get the ball there.

Substitute "Malik Nabers" and "Jones" for "Brock Bowers" and "Minshew". Works almost perfectly (down to the statline [5 for 66 in Nabers's case]).

Giants first 3 rookies actually all looked really good. Nabers I mentioned, Tyler Nubin won the starting safety role late in camp and was a huge plus in the run game with some impressive stops. 3rd round CB Dru Phillips was inexplicably limited (incredibly weird and awful personnel decisions in week 1), but he was great when he played, both in coverage (90.4 PFF coverage grade) and against the run (1 TFL, 1 forced fumble).

Theo Johnson started at TE. Had a nice chip block in pass pro on an EDGE player. Had 4 targets, but only 2 were catchable (DJ was soooo awful). Of those 2 catchable targets, one was a nice gain, the other was a drop. So-so game from him.

Tyrone Tracy really didn't do anything. 2 carries, 1 for 0 yards and one for 2 yards, and 1 catch for 5 yards.

6th round rookie LB Darius Muasau surprisingly started and played the whole game (again, what the hell is Dabs doing). He had a nice interception off a tipped ball, but otherwise just looked OK. He's got a really good feel for the game, but his athleticism is pretty clearly limiting him.

UDFA DT Elijah Chatman was pretty much blanked from the stat sheet (1 tackle). 

10 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Maxx had a sack fwiw and multiple TFLs iirc. 

Thrown around like a child? Lol. 

I mean... @El Ramster posted, just a page ago, showing it wasn't while he was against Alt. He also posted a video showing Crosby get blocked repeatedly and even pushed out. I get it though...it's pretty shocking

Week 1

1) Xavier Worthy - Speed translates. Hes already pushing safeties back due to fear. Reid gonna scheme him open looks. Cool as ice. 

2) Kingsley Suamataia - ok first day. He allowed a little too much, but he also got absolutely no help which speaks volumes. 

everybody else primarily on special teams.