Where will Jordan Love be ranked at the end of 2024?

Where will Jordan Love be ranked at the end of 2024?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Jordan Love be ranked at the end of 2024?

• He'll be contending with Burrow, Lamar, and Allen for the league's #2 spot behind Mahomes
    • He'll be contending with Stafford, Hurts, Dak, Cousins and co among the best QBs in the NFC
    • He'll be contending for the title of best QB in his division
    • He'll have regressed quite severely - above average to average and 2023 will look like a fluke

10 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Dude had half a season of good play. 

This is being disingenuous. He didn't have half a season of good play where he was a borderline top 10 QB he had half a season of MVP level play. There wasn't a QB better then him in the second half of the year and that included wins against the Chiefs, Lions, Cowboys, and coming pretty damn close to knocking off the 49ers (IMO I think they do if Tom doesn't go down) all while having by far one of the least experienced skill position groups and while dealing with a defense headed by one of the least respected DCs in the NFL. 

If I was a Bears fan I'd probably want him to be closer to the first half of the year then the 2nd half but I think your in for major disappointment if you expect him to regress a lot from his second half play. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

This is being disingenuous. He didn't have half a season of good play where he was a borderline top 10 QB he had half a season of MVP level play. There wasn't a QB better then him in the second half of the year and that included wins against the Chiefs, Lions, Cowboys, and coming pretty damn close to knocking off the 49ers (IMO I think they do if Tom doesn't go down) all while having by far one of the least experienced skill position groups and while dealing with a defense headed by one of the least respected DCs in the NFL. 

If I was a Bears fan I'd probably want him to be closer to the first half of the year then the 2nd half but I think your in for major disappointment if you expect him to regress a lot from his second half play. 

I'm not being disingenuous. Its not disingenuous to point out that at least 7-8 games from last season he was average or worse.  Gripe with my word choice of "good play" if you want, but I'll stand by it. I think he probably ends up being a better than average NFL QB, but its not ridiculous to think that he continues a trend of inconsistency while on that path.  There is a gap in the poll IMO, I don't think he regresses significantly, but I also don't think he will be competing with Goff on the whole this season. 

I think it could go either way with Jordan Love. He's extremely talented that's for sure. I'd like to see him continue his great play from down the stretch because the league is just better when its stocked with very good QB play but I am in a wait and see mode with Love. 

Edited by lavar703

56 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

You are vastly overrating him already then.  Dude had half a season of good play.  I think he will be better for more games this year, but that doesn't mean he's going to be competing at the level of Goff (who I think is going to do great things this year, as well as the lions on the whole), so I would not consider that a problem, personally.  

I’m not “rating” him one way or the other. I started a poll for which the options are: “he’ll be one of the best in the league,” “he’ll be one of the best in the conference,” “he’ll be one of the best in his division,” or “he’ll be average to below average.” 

I'd probably have him higher if he hadn't ended last year on such a poor throw. He had all kinds of issues in the first half of the year and that specific throw looked like a regression to said earlier form.

I think he'll be pretty good, a fringe top 10 guy for his career.

I'm worried that he'll be incredible and dominate the division for another decade.

Another guy that "defensive guru" Brandon Staley got paid. Tongue-in-cheek, but the Chargers game was when Love finally started to click.

Love is very talented and certainly has the potential to be a truly elite QB. He's a bit wreckless, which makes sense because he only has one season under his belt. I think he regresses a bit this season as defenses key in on him and then he'll bounce back in 2025. He'll be at worst a 12ish ranked QB, more like a 4-8 guy with flashes of playing like the absolute best in the league.

On 8/8/2024 at 8:46 AM, TankWilliams said:

I'm not being disingenuous. Its not disingenuous to point out that at least 7-8 games from last season he was average or worse.  Gripe with my word choice of "good play" if you want, but I'll stand by it. I think he probably ends up being a better than average NFL QB, but its not ridiculous to think that he continues a trend of inconsistency while on that path.  There is a gap in the poll IMO, I don't think he regresses significantly, but I also don't think he will be competing with Goff on the whole this season. 

Not saying you are wrong, am saying that Love's supporting cast was very, very inexperienced.

First year starters at LT and RT.  (Walker/Tom)

#1 RB was hurt for most of the year.  (Jones)

All Wr's were first or second year players.  None drafted higher than round two.

Top two TE's were rookies.  2nd round and 3rd round picks.  

All of us GB fans pretty much knew that we would be better at the second half of the season, just due to being so young.  The fact that Love won a few games early really shocked me.

Seems like he and the coach (MLF) really grew together last year and the playbook opened up.

Young kids tend to get better the more they play, right?  It isn't out of the realm of possibility that Love goes on a tear with these young kids.  Love will get the credit when really the credit should go to ALL of the young players.

On 8/19/2024 at 3:08 PM, Football_Bachelor08 said:

He'll probably be the best quarterback in the NFC by season's end.

Clearly you are unfamiliar with Daniel Jones' game 

On 8/12/2024 at 5:59 PM, thrILL! said:

More like a half season of ELITE QB PLAY AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL last season.

So Baker Mayfield? Trevor Lawrence? Carson Wentz?

Edited by Soggust

1 hour ago, Soggust said:

So Baker Mayfield? Trevor Lawrence? Carson Wentz?

Mayfield and Lawrence have never played at an elite level for half a season. Also people are forgetting Love started out pretty hot the first two games last year. And from Week 10 onwards was the #1 QB in the NFL. So, more than a half a season. Just had a meh six game stretch. 

I would not be shocked if solidify’s himself this year.

People just want to keep their pre-draft hate of Love alive. The pre-draft him for him got way out of hand and was not warranted. I personally loved him.