The XFL will need its own section if it comes back.

chargerbuckeye

4 minutes ago, youngosu said:

Lol, I am very familiar with Vince McMahon. 

You think 90% of NFL owners aren't just as bad? Because they are. 

If I refused to watch sports because the owners were human trash I'd be pretty limited in my options. 

I think 90% of NFL owners probably didn't most likely cover up a murder that one of their stars committed. I think 90% of NFL owners blatantly breach an employee contract by double crossing him on live television. I think most NFL owners don't have bullies in management who constantly harass talent. I don't think 90% of NFL owners have their entire business propped up by the fact that they illegally designate full time employees with non compete clauses "hired contractors". I don't think 90% NFL owners had one of their employees accidentally die because he made them do a dangerous stunt on ppv after he said he was uncomfortable with it. I don't think 90% of NFL owners built a whole television campaign to get their fans to defend his television show because he got butthurt that the media criticized his product. I don't think 90% of NFL issued documentary level hit pieces against certain players because they left on bad terms. 

I'm gonna be real blunt.

Anybody who doesn't think Vince is gonna turn this into the god damn WWE of football, again, if he can even get this crap off the ground in the first place, isn't gelling with reality. That's what's gonna happen. He's gonna make this into a carny show and we're all gonna laugh at it again until some poor 22 year old just destroys his leg or his back and ends up in a wheelchair for the rest of his life because he didn't have insurance.

He's gonna treat his players like he treats his developmental wrestlers. 

McMahon is a snake oil salesman. It is incredible obvious that he just promotes and promises and in a real sport that has to compete against the NFL, promotion won't cut it. 

He should have learned that lesson after the first attempt to launch the XFL. 

1 minute ago, RollEagles said:

McMahon is a snake oil salesman. It is incredible obvious that he just promotes and promises and in a real sport that has to compete against the NFL, promotion won't cut it. 

He should have learned that lesson after the first attempt to launch the XFL. 

Vince has always and will always till he drops dead and descends into hell, refused to ever admit he's made a mistake or failed at something. He will slam his head into the wall with as much money and time as it takes for him to eventually at least get people to shut up and leave him alone.

Probably why he and the president are best friends.

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Vince has always and will always till he drops dead and descends into hell, refused to ever admit he's made a mistake or failed at something. He will slam his head into the wall with as much money and time as it takes for him to eventually at least get people to shut up and leave him alone.

Probably why he and the president are best friends.

These commercials are just so cringe worthy.

20 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2000/12/20001204/No-Topic-Name/Xfls-Insurance-Has-Experts-Concerned.aspx

Even at the time most knew that the players weren't adequately protected against catastrophic injury in a league where the rules all but guaranteed catastrophic injury. Hassan Shamsid-Deen suffered a career ending injury that he had no insurance for, and most guys weren't even making that full salary yearly. 

I'd like to hear more about Hassan. He played Arena Football in 2002 so how was his injury career ending? 

6 minutes ago, raidersedge said:

XFL will only survive as an arena football league. Where getting 10,000 people to come to a game is considered good.

Interesting. So you think it will get even less fans than any outdoor league has ever gotten (including the original league?) Hell, the United Football League playing on weeknights in the Fall head to head with college and the NFL still averaged more than 10,000 fans. I think the XFL can get 20,000 on average and you can run a league on that. 

Everybody playing it safe and saying the XFL will fail... I'm gonna frickin watch it.  I don't care if it fails, I'm going to watch it.

The NFL desperately needs competition, and anyone who thinks the NFL isn't doing as well as they should be doing on a LOT of things, you should support the XFL, too.

Archived