The XFL will need its own section if it comes back.

chargerbuckeye

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Vince McMahon's politically charged terrible product fielding guys who can't even hack it in the CFL playing for pennies with no insurance on Mississippi high school level playing surfaces.

Yes, this sounds like it'll work out just fine.

In the age of Trump, This has potential 

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

NBCUniversal has final say over Network content as they are his primary contract, and he's stressed to the shareholders in WWE that the XFL relaunch is separate and non-affiliated with the WWE this time.

They will have a streaming plan I am sure. Plus if the NFL tries to stop its partners from getting involved he'd have a hell of a lawsuit. That said, it seems like Turner sports might be the best TV option. 

I find it interesting how many people I've seen (not here but in general) who are actively rooting against this idea. Is additional sports entertainment option. I don't understand the desire of some to root for its failure. I hope it succeeds. Truly think that Spring football (assuming this is spring football) has a place in the American sports calendar. The USFL has the right plan but poor execution. Had it stuck to its original plan I think it'd be thriving today and the NFL would have some quality competition for player talent. 

This league needs some things that make it unique (and no, I am not talking about making people stand for the anthem or letting them hit helmet to helmet) but I hope its successful. 

Unique ideas I'd strongly consider if I were in charge:

Allow motion towards the line of scrimmage pre-snap

No extra point, must go for 2. 

(one that won't happen but I like). Adopt a rouge rule from the CFL. Make it somewhat different but basically require that if the ball is downed in the endzone (either by tackle or touching the ball) its worth 1 point and the touchback brings the ball to the 35. If it goes through the endzone and is not downed we have standard touchback rule (20 yard line). This would force returns and make for some interesting decisions on punts.

37 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Vince McMahon's politically charged terrible product fielding guys who can't even hack it in the CFL playing for pennies with no insurance on Mississippi high school level playing surfaces.

Yes, this sounds like it'll work out just fine.

There is actually no better time for this to work out... NFL is losing viewership for a variety of reasons. You have popular names like Manziel with no job. And with the internet and streaming they have a chance to succeed. Better than they did last time atleast

5 minutes ago, youngosu said:

I find it interesting how many people I've seen (not here but in general) who are actively rooting against this idea. Is additional sports entertainment option. I don't understand the desire of some to root for its failure. I hope it succeeds. Truly think that Spring football (assuming this is spring football) has a place in the American sports calendar. The USFL has the right plan but poor execution. Had it stuck to its original plan I think it'd be thriving today and the NFL would have some quality competition for player talent. 

This league needs some things that make it unique (and no, I am not talking about making people stand for the anthem or letting them hit helmet to helmet) but I hope its successful. 

Unique ideas I'd strongly consider if I were in charge:

Allow motion towards the line of scrimmage pre-snap

No extra point, must go for 2. 

(one that won't happen but I like). Adopt a rouge rule from the CFL. Make it somewhat different but basically require that if the ball is downed in the endzone (either by tackle or touching the ball) its worth 1 point and the touchback brings the ball to the 35. If it goes through the endzone and is not downed we have standard touchback rule (20 yard line). This would force returns and make for some interesting decisions on punts.

Because Vince McMahon is an exploitative monster who's caused countless young men to suffer horrible injuries, supplied addicts with drugs, refuses to give developmental workers insurance, and on and on and on.

Vince McMahon shouldn't succeed by taking advantage of yet more financially vulnerable young men getting their bodies and brains beat in for the veneer of "entertainment" then casting them aside to die broken and jobless once they're no longer useful.

Just now, marshawn lynch said:

There is actually no better time for this to work out... NFL is losing viewership for a variety of reasons. You have popular names like Manziel with no job. And with the internet and streaming they have a chance to succeed. Better than they did last time atleast

When the primary reason NFL ratings are down is due to bad play and people more and more are disinterested in the idea of a combat sport?

10 years ago was a good time to do it. Now? He'd need to bleed himself dry just to get things in place to even get the league to a level where it's not immediately insolvent. Streaming is not the magic media fix to cure all ails of low viewership or market interest. People aren't going to want to watch G-tier college back-ups and never weres play in a terrible league in Birmingham Alabama or Dover Delaware or wherever he can get the cheapest venue.

Manziel won't go to the XFL, it's not launching for another 2 years, at least, and he has the CFL right there if he wants to play. They'll probably pay him better.

Ultimately, the XFL could only work if it was a feeder league and played in the spring.   The big question is if an ego like Vince McMahon could stomach setting up a league designed to be 2nd fiddle to the NFL.   He's always tried to dominate wrestling, I can't imagine he's trying to set up a feeder league here. 

Archived