Preseason Game 2 @ Denver Broncos

10 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

What a terrible week though .. got outclassed in practice by a middling Broncos team, and then totally phoned it in during the game.  We knew the first half would be rough after sitting more than 30 players, but once the Broncos starters were done for the day the Packers should have had a fighting chance.  The Packers seem to have some depth issues on the OLine, which will be a problem if our starts get banged up.  The backup QBs aren't good enough.  Our kickers are subpar.  

Conspiracy theory in me thinks MLF set em all up to fail.  Now he can light a fire under their arse.  

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Conspiracy theory in me thinks MLF set em all up to fail.  Now he can light a fire under their arse.  

Few days of altitude training does the body good.

Aj dillon and the broncos won today

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

I don't get it .. seems like the Packers just mailed it in this week.  I doubt Sean Peyton invites the Packers back anytime soon.  He was approaching this is as something meaningful and the Packers just went thru the motions. Pretty lifeless showing tonight .. seemingly didn't want to show anything on offense or defense.  Didn't even seem to give the players much of a chance to show their wares.  Hopefully things get ramped up a bit for the Ravens joint practice next week. 

I think Payton is getting the positive pub for Nix that he needs Nix to get. 

Think the QB's werent accurate.

RB's werent creative. Wilson the best by miles.

With the vaunted trio of Heath Melton Dubose wish there was more places to go with the ball. be interested to see if the QBs were just missing them or if they couldnt shake loose.

OL very inconsistent. Telfort and Glover aint it. Newman playing until the end and just surviving should probably get a multi million dollar guy cut. Should be hot on the waivers for the 9th guy. 

Short drives for the offense not allowing any type of rhythm just a terrible showing. Ball security was awful all night the drizzle probably had something to do with that. 

defense its hard to even say.

King lost the most headway probably. Rochell got cooked v Sutton but ok. Ballentine didnt really show up which is good news. need more 22. the rest of the CBs ahh who cares. 

Williams didnt do much which is sad. will have more opinion on Dapo after 22.

Goforth injury gave Hopper a ton of reps, he collected tackles but is lost in space. Welch is very limited.

Ford with a nice night Brooks with a short night but showed up. DE's all found spots to get their name on the stat sheet.

bland, poor coverage and bad tackling led to extended scoring drives. didnt seem like any coverage breakdowns at least. coverage wasnt good but at least people are in the vicinity they need to be in i guess.

After the reports of practice friday and this game cant say we travelled with a purpose. rough couple days in Denver.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I know how dumb it sounds for a preseason game but it kind of seems like MLF set the tone that we didn’t give a **** about that game

Could be he got chicken feet about being scared of breaking his new $300 million QB.

Ugh man I know you want to secure Love's future and all, but I mean do you really have to fork over gargantuan loads of cash to do it?  I really gotta question where Gute and Murphy suddenly got this newfound spending spree from.

But on the whole of tonight:

1. We really never do play well in Denver.  Yeah, I will always remember 2007 when Favre hit Jennings with the the game winner there, but that's very much an outlier.  Mile high is definitely on a list with Buffalo, Indianapolis, Nashville and Pittsburgh that is bad for us.

2. Yeah there's still position battles notably at backup QB and kicker that still look pretty rough at the moment.  But we definitely shouldn't be seeing Clifford/Pratt on the field period unless they're mopping up after we get a 30 point 4th quarter lead, or playing in the second half of the season finale after we clinch the 1 seed.

3. Just sucked that Dubose had a bad night after looking good last week.

4. Only thing I feel any bit of real concern for is the defense.  Now it's early, we sat some of our key guys on that side as well tonight, and obviously the packages we currently run are different than what we'll see in the regular season.  But still, just felt like outside of some of Hopper's tackles we still got some work to do on the physicality of our current group.

Anyway, good thing is this one doesn't count, and I'd say just burn the tape, finish up the preseason business on Saturday and get ready to head to Brazil.

Edited by LLcheesehead12

7 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Could be he got chicken feet about being scared of breaking his new $300 million QB.

Not to mention that Sean Payton has a certain reputation amongst other coaches. This is probably not the team to play around with, especially since they already almost fought over a late hit in practice.

Edited by SpeightTheVillain

Boy, La Fleur genuinely seemed disappointed in his press conference. Jesus, you really think you can sit 60% of your 53 man roster and still get production against another teams starters?   That’s just delusional. 

I mean sitting a few key veterans is one thing, but 31 guys is bat **** crazy. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I think Payton is getting the positive pub for Nix that he needs Nix to get. 

Think the QB's werent accurate.

RB's werent creative. Wilson the best by miles.

With the vaunted trio of Heath Melton Dubose wish there was more places to go with the ball. be interested to see if the QBs were just missing them or if they couldnt shake loose.

OL very inconsistent. Telfort and Glover aint it. Newman playing until the end and just surviving should probably get a multi million dollar guy cut. Should be hot on the waivers for the 9th guy. 

Short drives for the offense not allowing any type of rhythm just a terrible showing. Ball security was awful all night the drizzle probably had something to do with that. 

defense its hard to even say.

King lost the most headway probably. Rochell got cooked v Sutton but ok. Ballentine didnt really show up which is good news. need more 22. the rest of the CBs ahh who cares. 

Williams didnt do much which is sad. will have more opinion on Dapo after 22.

Goforth injury gave Hopper a ton of reps, he collected tackles but is lost in space. Welch is very limited.

Ford with a nice night Brooks with a short night but showed up. DE's all found spots to get their name on the stat sheet.

bland, poor coverage and bad tackling led to extended scoring drives. didnt seem like any coverage breakdowns at least. coverage wasnt good but at least people are in the vicinity they need to be in i guess.

After the reports of practice friday and this game cant say we travelled with a purpose. rough couple days in Denver.

We saw some of the same things, you in much more detail. Not much stood out for me minus Whelan getting plenty of work and looking strong. Oladapo wasn’t lightning it up in his first action but I did see a few plays where he was playing physical and one very solid open field tackle. The ball carrier had already gotten some healthy yards but that was not on him and getting a guy down in space is not easy. I must have missed King’s worst plays but sad he did not step up.  DuBose had a solid rep gunning on ST. 

I genuinely thought you were kidding about watching the 22. Thanks for taking one for the team because I won’t even watch the 2 min recap of this one. 

Edited by Refugee

11 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Boy, La Fleur genuinely seemed disappointed in his press conference. Jesus, you really think you can sit 60% of your 53 man roster and still get production against another teams starters?   That’s just delusional. 

I mean sitting a few key veterans is one thing, but 31 guys is bat **** crazy. 

Yeah which is why I myself feel a bit disappointed that we just didn't approach it like we have in the past.  I mean no, I don't want to go all Mike McCarthy crazy like he did back in 2009 when he kept Rodgers and almost the entire offense out there in that preseason game in Arizona.  In fact, I think that crazy old coach of ours incurred the Cardinals' curse when he did that as his record against Arizona has stunk to high heaven since then.

But man, feel like we could have played it somewhat similarly to how we played the Patriots in our second preseason game last year.

Oh well, just need the players to get right for week 1 and it will all be forgotten.

28 minutes ago, Refugee said:

We saw some of the same things, you in much more detail. Not much stood out for me minus Whelan getting plenty of work and looking strong. Oladapo wasn’t lightning it up in his first action but I did see a few plays where he was playing physical and one very solid open field tackle. The ball carrier had already gotten some healthy yards but that was not on him and getting a guy down in space is not easy. I must have missed King’s worst plays but sad he did not step up.  DuBose had a solid rep gunning on ST. 

I genuinely thought you were kidding about watching the 22. Thanks for taking one for the team because I won’t even watch the 2 min recap of this one. 

Kings worst play was the missed tackle on 3rd and 17 that ended with the unnecessary roughing at the marker. Gave up anothee couple catches. Got flat lined on a blitz unfortunately. Just wasnt his night.

Lol. Im not super excited about it and maybe i wont get around to it. But maybe ill find some things to be excited about if i do. I gotta get more ammo to talk **** on hermans grades when they come out 

Edited by HighCalebR