Commanders trade Jahan Dotson to Eagles

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I can't stand it when coaches want players gone that don't fit "their scheme" though. Just coach up the freaking talent you have. 

I def get this. Like you could scheme him in the slot and make things work. 

More to this than we know. He probaly wasn't putting in the effort - something.. it's all kinda feeshy to me.. I guess if he'd demanded a trade - we'd have gotten even less !

The aftermath might be interesting . I hope we don't hear a bad word come out about his skills, character etc.. like would have happened with the old bunch . 

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

People can try to spin this positive but its just a terrible trade. Honestly I haven't been impressed with what Peters has been doing so far as GM. 

There is no way anyone can spin this as a good trade.  Sending a high potential WR to a division rival for what is likely a low 3rd round pick - a high 5th round pick isn't something to be excited about.

Clearly they decided Dotson isn't onboard with the program, but it seems we could have given it a year at least.  It isn't like we have anything else on our roster.  Dyami Brown is fools gold.  All these other guys are #3 at best WRs.

• Like 2

Don't know why some of you hate this trade.

A) It's a whole lot better than cutting him.

B) It gives another player on the roster a shot, who wants to give a damn.

C) Gives us ammo in next yrs draft.

D) Replaces the 7th we just traded for a Kicker + an extra 7th.

And all it cost was a player, that doesn't hustle & a 5th.

Should I continue....

4 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Should I continue....

So what changed after Year 1 when he missed 5 games with a hamstring and still put up some decent numbers? 

16 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I read they had several offers- Obviously this was the best. I hate it too.

The only thing that will make me understand this trade is if Peters then uses that 3rd for Aiyuk.  I am not sure I would be a fan of that, but it's the only way I can see this not appearing like a low value move.  I mean we got nothing after Terry, you would think they had enough room to maximize his skillset which is what Quinn constantly tells us he is doing.  

This would be less of a deal if we didn't have to see him on the other side of the ball twice a year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Should I continue....

Got any proof the he "doesn't hustle"? 

To me this seems more like a getting rid of Ron's guys over getting rid of someone that is untalented. The value of the trade is horrible, in my opinion. If he legitimately wasn't going to make the 53, it is what it is, but I'm very doubtful that we have 5-6 other receivers that are better than him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Got any proof the he "doesn't hustle"? 

To me this seems more like a getting rid of Ron's guys over getting rid of someone that is untalented. The value of the trade is horrible, in my opinion. If he legitimately wasn't going to make the 53, it is what it is, but I'm very doubtful that we have 5-6 other receivers that are better than him.

B Mitch alluded to it and there was mention of this during training camp. I'm not sure if Dotson has some personal things going on but he's had a bad camp. Yeah, I think that's the thing. He wasn't going to make the roster. Standig even talked about his roster spot being jeopardy. Its just been a weird off-season for Dotson. I think the change of scenery is best for both parties. 

8 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Should I continue....

Dude caught 7 TDs passes as a rookie, which is the most TDs caught by a Washington WR since Terry McLaurin did it his rookie season (and McLaurin has never caught that many TDs again). 

He was a consensus 1st round talent coming out of college who is only 24 years old and has 2 years remaining (plus a 5th year option) on his contract. 

He was team captain and honor role award winning player for Penn State, so this "he has an attitude" whispers coming from the current staff seems like some nonsense they are floating to justify them dumping him. 

We traded him to a division opponent. 

The other #2 options at WR on our team suck. 

Should I continue? 

• Like 3