Commanders trade Jahan Dotson to Eagles

MikeT14

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Hopefully Dotson can figure it out in philly. He seemed to play well against us, but not really anyone else.

I don't know what happened. He honestly had a solid rookie year and then... poof. This is a great trade for the Eagles imo though.

• Like 2

This seems like a shuffling of junk. I think the Eagles got better value so I like this a little more for them I guess, but I think Dotson isn't really anything. 

Commanders WR room is insanely weak outside of McLaurin. I hope Daniels can throw to his left. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eagles23 said:

Idk sounded like he was Washington's Nelson Algholor 

I can't remember who it was .. Either Josh Norris and underdog or Matt Harmon, but when discussing Dotson's first two years,  with regards to routes and yards per route run for first round picks, the primary comp was Nelson

Here's my 2 cents. As a rookie he played well, showing good speed and great hands. He made some really spectacular TD grabs as a rookie. In his rookie season he playe primarily as the team's #2 WR, out wide on the boundary. Then a new offensive coaching staff came in last year and said oh he's a small quick guy he needs to play in the slot. Current coaching staff came in and said the same thing. The problem is for whatever reason he is not very good in the slot and all the moving around has gotten in his head so he started making dumb drops. He's an undersized outside/boundary WR with good but not great speed and a case of the yips right now. It pisses me off when coaches try to force guys out of the position that made them successful. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't know what happened. He honestly had a solid rookie year and then... poof. This is a great trade for the Eagles imo though.

Maybe we're spoiled by modern rookie WR's putting up 1,000 yards, but Dotson wasn't great as a rookie either (except against the Giants lol).

Another Rivera mistake. Traded back from Chris Olave or Kyle Hamilton to end up with Howell, Dotson and BRob. I love me some BRob but we could've just picked him in the second instead of another Rivera mistake in Phidarian Mathis. I wish Dotson well but his RAS was an indicator of how he would struggle at the next level. I'll take the picks. 

• Like 2