Commanders trade Jahan Dotson to Eagles

MikeT14

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

So because he’s the only one telling you what you want to hear he’s the “sensible” one? Lmao. Don’t you think if we all thought he was a major loss we’d be upset about it? This isn’t a sour grapes thing. He just wasn’t very good. 

I'll be honest bro it feels like a "our first round pick didn't work out now I'm mad" sour grapes thing. I think if it was being viewed through an Eagles lense of him only needing to be the 600-yardish WR3 then maybe some fans/media would be a little less harsh on the dude. The Commanders would be on my short list of teams who I'd take a gamble on where they decide to cut bait with a guy.

50 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

It's over for Dotson. You can drop him in fantasy.

I'm assuming you're referring to Dynasty Leagues? Who the hell was drafting Dotson to help win their FF leagues last year? Washington fans?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'll be honest bro it feels like a "our first round pick didn't work out now I'm mad" sour grapes thing. I think if it was being viewed through an Eagles lense of him only needing to be the 600-yardish WR3 then maybe some fans/media would be a little less harsh on the dude. The Commanders would be on my short list of teams who I'd take a gamble on where they decide to cut bait with a guy.

I get it. We've sucked and that skews the way people look at things. However, I've watched every single snap he's taken since he got drafted and he just struggled big time last year. He blocked poorly, he dropped a lot of passes and he was having major issues getting separation. Does it mean that will continue? I have no clue? I certainly don't hold a vendetta against him as he seems like a good dude but it just wasn't working out here. I think it was best for both parties to move on. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

So since you seem to be the only sensible Commanders fan, what do you make of Dotson/ this trade from the Eagles perspective? Sorry but the rest of your fan base feels like they're being hyperbolic with how bad he was especially now since he was traded to a division rival. Treating the guy like he's Jalen Reagor.

He had 1 good year and 1 bad year. Dumping him now to a division rival now seems stupid to me. Especially because we didn’t even get to see him with the new offense and finally a decent QB. I don’t understand the trade at all. 

From the Eagles perspective I feel like they easily won the trade. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I get it. We've sucked and that skews the way people look at things. However, I've watched every single snap he's taken since he got drafted and he just struggled big time last year. He blocked poorly, he dropped a lot of passes and he was having major issues getting separation. Does it mean that will continue? I have no clue? I certainly don't hold a vendetta against him as he seems like a good dude but it just wasn't working out here. I think it was best for both parties to move on. 

It's another regime's first round pick. Not the current brass's sour grapes. I imagine this decision was made based on info gathered mostly since the turnover.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Our fanbase as a whole- not @lavar703 or even many people on this site- usually end up absolutely crapping on players like Dotson on their way out the door. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, eagles91 said:

It's another regime's first round pick. Not the current brass's sour grapes. I imagine this decision was made based on info gathered mostly since the turnover.

It kind of feels like the new regime in Washington wants to wash the organization clean of any significant pieces from the previous regime for better or worse.  Dotson has talent, whether it works out of not? Remains to be seen.  It's a worthy gamble from the Eagles perspective imo.  I get what Washington is doing, but they are going to lose on some of these trades.  Forbes feels like another 1 where he was put in a position to fail, but could succeed in the right scheme.  Having him try to man up AJ Brown as a rookie was definitely not taking advantage of his strengths and set him up to fail.

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Terry barely cracked 1k and Samuel had 600 yards despite the Commanders leading the league in attempts 

Ah crap. Trade sucked for you all then. 

I mean let's be real for a moment.  Just about anyone should be an upgrade over Quez Watkins the past 2 years. 🤷‍♂️

Dotson has almost as many yds (-209) and twice as many TD (+6) in 2 seasons as a Commander, then Quez had in the last 4 as a Eagle.

19 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I mean let's be real for a moment.  Just about anyone should be an upgrade over Quez Watkins the past 2 years. 🤷‍♂️

Dotson has almost as many yds (-209) and twice as many TD (+6) in 2 seasons as a Commander, then Quez had in the last 4 as a Eagle.

Lot of upside here for Philly. You just wonder how big Dotson's role can be given all the guys already on the offense. A 3rd for a 2 year deal feels a bit rich but if you're competing in the NFC, I understand it.

12 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Lot of upside here for Philly. You just wonder how big Dotson's role can be given all the guys already on the offense. A 3rd for a 2 year deal feels a bit rich but if you're competing in the NFC, I understand it.

Could be worse. Could of been a 2 year rental for a 1st rd pick? 😎

No lofty expectations for Dotson from any sane Eagles fan, believe me. Any semblance of a competent WR3/4/5 play would be welcomed at this point.

He's at best the Eagles 5th option on offense. Any movement in that needle towards #3, would just be the cherry on top.

AJ/Smitty/Goedert/Saquon...../Dotson