The official Watson is WASHED, I told you so thread

MWil23

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

What we wanted was a top 5 qb. Now we aren't sure if he is even a top 3 qb on the Browns. 

I was just thinking 

Maybe DTR is the future

I forgot he existed for a minute, but maybe we can get him playing 

I'd rather see him than Jameis most likely we have some hope in him 

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If I’m Stefanski-

Bench Watson and make Jimmy fire you.

Can’t win with the guy at QB - this is the best option. If he fires you, you land somewhere else quickly and also aren’t tied to Deshaun.

Edited by NateDawg

13 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Worst news of the week

...is it, though?

https://sports.yahoo.com/kevin-stefanski-talk-ownership-everything-172512358.html

And is this exclusively Stefanski's decision to stick with Watson?

"I understand the question. As you guys know, I make decisions for our football team, but I, obviously, consult with [G.M.] Andrew [Berry]. We talk about everything that goes on with our football team," Stefanski said. "But ultimately, it’s my decision, yes."

As for any ownership influence on the quarterback, Stefanski said he wouldn't get into the specifics of conversations he has there.

"I think you guys know, we make great decisions together," Stefanski said. "I, obviously, talk to Andrew about everything we do. I talk to ownership about everything we do. That’s just how we operate."

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

...is it, though?

https://sports.yahoo.com/kevin-stefanski-talk-ownership-everything-172512358.html

And is this exclusively Stefanski's decision to stick with Watson?

No real news there. He’s choosing not to throw the general manager and ownership under the bus. Self preservation. It is what it is. The lawsuit going away is a dagger though. That was our only hope of salvaging our cap situation for the next three years. Maybe next off-season something else can come up.

We are going to lose our 2 time COY because of Haslem and Berry's bull****.  While I am not always on KS side, he deserves this job with a QB who isnt this awful.  Time to let Jameis grab this league by the p*ssy.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Firing Stefanski would be absurd tbh.  I’d probably check out as a fan for a while if they did.

I agree firing Stefanski is not the move, but who are you kidding about checking out as a fan? You have Stockholm syndrome just like the rest of us.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d probably check out as a fan for a while if they did.  He’s clearly not the problem here.

The only problem is Watson

Rage watching is cathartic 

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Firing Stefanski would be absurd tbh.  I’d probably check out as a fan for a while if they did.  He’s clearly not the problem here.

The only problem is Watson.  Everything is workable imo.

Same. I'd still be a fan since I'm stuck being one. But firing Stefanski would be a horrific decision and would probably make me step away for a bit.

Sit Watson. Fire Dorsey (I don't even necessarily think he's bad, his scheme just doesn't match our personnel and Stefanski had a perfectly good scheme) and find a new QB. Might have to rebuild, as a lot of our talent will be exiting their prime years by the time Watson is gone, but let's build the team the way Stefanski wants.