The Final Roster Thread

MWil23

One pattern I’ve noticed with Andrew Berry is he drafts DTs that had ~20 tackles a year in college. I think Jordan Elliott has been the only exception.

Winfrey, Togiai, Ika, and Hall all were in that range.

I have never been sold on tackles being a really meaningful stat, and if guys are eating up blockers I don’t think it matters that much, but it seems like most the good NFL DTs doubled that output when they were in college.

I think AB might be too focused on traits at that position.

19 minutes ago, DawgX said:

A bit surprised we cut Foreman. Maybe we bring him back once we get rid of one of the QBs?

Might be a handshake deal where he’s resigned tomorrow after a move or two.  They’ve done it before.  He’s a vet and isn’t subjected to waivers id imagine 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I want Mike Woods and Jowon Briggs on the PS. I can see Berry maybe wanting Ika. Everyone else idc.

I’m not saying they did or didn’t, but it was MKC who reported that they had iirc and for all the dumb **** she says, she’s right more than pretty much anyone else who covers the team.  

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Additionally, no thanks to Ika wasting a spot on the PS.  Give me Briggs as he at least looks like he’s trying to be a pro athlete out there.

Unless they need a fat guy to practice double teaming on as a 1 tech. I’m being serious, especially in a combo ZBS/gap scheme

I think the organization has a higher opinion of DTR than we do.

They could be hoping he develops like a Jordan Love (who looked awful before last year). 

My really big problem with him is that he needs to add at least 20 pounds.

Watson looks like at least a solid 220+. DTR is barely cracking over 200.

Edited by candyman93

48 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Unless they need a fat guy to practice double teaming on as a 1 tech. I’m being serious, especially in a combo ZBS/gap scheme

Just attach a couple tackling dummies on skates and you’ll get more effort. Let that dude disappear into the wind.

• Like 2